and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

gpo706's Telephone Pictures

Started by gpo706, September 12, 2010, 07:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpo706

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Kenny C

that is realy sideways i thought it was the way you were holding the camera. WOW
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phonesrfun

Yes, Notice how Scot also can defy the laws of gravity and get the cords and the sign to go sideways too!   ;D
-Bill G

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phonesrfun

Naw...  You can delete your post, and then I can delete my responses if you want to keep it between us.
-Bill G

Kenny C

no thats ok i got a kick  out of it myself
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

Nice collection of colored GPO phones there GpoMan!  Reminds of when we watched a lot of The Avengers last summer, at times they had a raft load of different color 706s, once they were even floating in the pool so the head dude could use them. 

You got some nice phones as well Kenny, especially your older phones, very good looking ones. 

gpo706

Yes McHeath, it was "Mother" (Patrick Newell) in the Tara King series, he always had a plethora of GPO sets, one of the most surreal was him in a swimming pool, with a bunch of differently coloured sets.

AE_Collector

I like both of the two tone GPO phones, I'll take one of each!

Terry

gpo706

AE - two tone greys are ten a penny, most common colour, apart from maybe ivory. Gets more rare with black, then two-tone green, topaz yellow, concorde blue,red and finally brown.

Red sets rarely escape the radar on the bay.

AE_Collector

Quote from: gpo706 on September 14, 2010, 03:20:16 PM
AE - two tone greys are ten a penny, most common colour, apart from maybe ivory. Gets more rare with black, then two-tone green, topaz yellow, concorde blue,red and finally brown.

Red sets rarely escape the radar on the bay.

A friend was over there a couple of years ago and I gave instructions to hit the boot sales looking for one of each for me but came up empty. I just can't bring myself to pay the shipping cost from there to Canada for something like this. I'll have to come over myself again sometime soon...

Terry

Tribune

Just watched the Red Riding Trilogy, a Channel 4 TV series set in the late 70s and early 80s in the north of England. Very brutal, lots of nasty crime - but some awesome GPO phones. Lots of 706s and 746s on policemen's desks. Some neat colours too including orange.
Thank heavens for bit torrents for watching British telly while exiled to the Colonies!
Mark Furze - TCI, ATCA

To miss-quote "Bones" McCoy . . .
                     "darn it Jim - I'm a doctor, not a telephone engineer!"