"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Two Tone AE 80

Started by HarrySmith, July 07, 2010, 08:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Thanks ;D
Yes, I thoroughly clean every phone I restore, as the first picture shows I completely disassemble the phone, the metal parts and the plastics go into the dishwasher to start or OxiClean soak. I clean the electronics with electronic parts or brake cleaner and then wipe down every wire and every screw with alcohol. I polish the gongs with Nevr Dull and I polish the plastics with Novus, 2 or 3 depending on condition and finish with a coat of car wax.
I also like the appearance, that is how I got into them to start with. This is the fifth 90 I have built. I plan on building 3 more in the next couple of weeks for the Shipshewanna show using the NOS color change kits I have. I plan on Pink, Yellow and Seafoam Green.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Another one done :)
This one is only one color, Seafoam Green ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

JorgeAmely

Nice job Harry. You and Terry can now have matching color avatars.
Jorge

AE_Collector

Quote from: JorgeAmely on July 21, 2010, 10:37:43 PM
Nice job Harry. You and Terry can now have matching color avatars.

Not quite....mine is AECo "Turquoise" while Harry's is "Sea Foam Green".

Same thing, most people refer to it as Sea Foam Green which to me quite well describes the color. I still call it Turquoise though because that was the official AE color.

Terry

HarrySmith

UPDATE!
The pair of two tone AE phones finally sold! I have had them up on eBay since the Shipshewanna show, I was told by several collectors they would not sell, HA!
item # 290465432153
One thing I learned is a Large Flat Rate Priority Mail box is not! No way I was going to get two phones in there! Ended up with a 12 pound larger box to ship them safely!
I think a pair of Black & White AE phones may be next as I rescued a number of White & Beige AE 80's from the trash pile at the show!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Nice job Harry. Those are two nice looking phones...Congrats.....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenny C

i read somwhere that 1959 was early. mine has chrome plungers also and is black.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

Yeah, that's what Terry said about mine. I have not even checked the ones I got at the show yet.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"