News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Train phone

Started by Pourme, October 23, 2017, 07:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

Last week during one of my visits at one of my favorite antique stores, I found this train phones. It's interesting but not $75.00 worth. I have never seen one before and didn't recognize the manufacturer.

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

LarryInMichigan

That phone looks like it would be awfully uncomfortable to hold in one's hand.  There is a near infinite number of shapes and gimmicks of novelty phones.  It isn't worth $75, nor is it an antique.

Larry

Pourme

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on October 23, 2017, 07:43:17 AM
That phone looks like it would be awfully uncomfortable to hold in one's hand.  There is a near infinite number of shapes and gimmicks of novelty phones.  It isn't worth $75, nor is it an antique.

Larry

Excellent observation....
Benny

TelePlay

There are about two dozen for sale on eBay right now and you can get on at a BIN price that is New In Box for $40 plus shipping, if you want one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRAIN-PHONE-TELEMANIA-CRESCENT-TRAIN-LOCOMOTIVE-1925-Brand-New-in-Box-w-Instruc-/282677111591

They seem to have the option of a ringer or a train whistle. Train hobbyists might like these.

Ed Morris

The Goodwill website has quite a few, too, at bargain prices.  The phone is a representation of a Pacific locomotive in Southern Railway livery, probably one that pulled the Crescent Limited between Washington, DC and New Orleans.
Ed

tell302man

Those are neat! I was given one of those last week and a really nice old bag car phone!

WEBellSystemChristian

There has been one of these for sale in a local downtown antique store fir at least 4 years now--as long as I have been collecting.

I think the price was somewhere around $35, I don't remember though.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Pourme

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on October 24, 2017, 10:32:44 AM
There has been one of these for sale in a local downtown antique store fir at least 4 years now--as long as I have been collecting.

I think the price was somewhere around $35, I don't remember though.

4 years?...point that out and offer them $10 and take it home!
Benny