News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Very Sad News for Rock music fans

Started by HarrySmith, July 28, 2021, 04:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Just heard on the radio that Dusty Hill of ZZ Top passed away in his sleep last night. A very sad day for music and a huge loss of a talented man.

RIP DUSTY!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

david@london

V sorry to hear that...a great musician and a great group. Saw them at this event in 1985, when I believe the ZZ car was flown over the crowd - suspended from a helicopter.

FABphones

Back in 19** I was working for an Artiste Representation Agency and ZZ Top were one of our most rebooked and popular acts.

I never went to see them.  :(
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Jim Stettler

I have seen ZZ top Twice in concert. Always a fun show. A cheap concert with my (now) wife and a free ticket from a friend for a make-up concert a few years later. I also had tickets for a cancelled show.

Another time my wife saw them eating dinner at a Highway-side diner around 1:00-2:00 AM. She was too start-struck to approach.

They had good music and put on a really good show.

Jim

BTW The make up show was for a  concert that got rained-out but finished.  The admission was the stub from the rained out show.
My buddy's  girlfriend couldn't go so he took me if I paid for Gas.

That was very cool that they completed a show in the rain and then did a free make-up concert. Most acts wouldn't do that.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

RB

Got to see the "Little Band from Texas", a few times at the Texas Jam in the Cotton bowl in Big "D".
Right up till it became the "Monsters of Rock", which I did not attend.
The Jam continued for a couple years after, then was shut down.
The Top always had an entertaining show.
One featured a Stuffed "tech" and a rubber spot light falling from the lighting scaffold on to the stage during the show.
I remember a group of us always went together.
As the jam went on, folks would throw ice down from the upper deck.
When the ice was gone, the cups came next.
Followed by a bra, and the even a tennis shoe.
somebody threw it back, and it came straight for the 2 girls with us.
They saw it coming, and at just the right moment, put their heads together, instead of apart, and both got shoe whacked. no injuries.
I guess it must have been the screw drivers in the milk jugs??
good times.
RIP Dusty!

TelePlay

The best Texas Blues Shuffle power band ever . . .

Jim Stettler

I always  liked the 'back to the future' clip at the old west hoedown.
a classic fun time.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

TelePlay

Just found out that before he died, Dusty Hill laid down the vocals and bass for all the tracks on a new album which is in the production phase right now. Don't have a release date but suspect within a half year. One more from Frank, Billy and Dusty.