"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need help wiring large talk/ring condenser into AE 40

Started by RotoTech99, November 23, 2015, 10:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

Quote from: AE_Collector on November 25, 2015, 01:03:29 PM
I have a half reasonable level of ability in Excel so I force it to do what I am trying to accomplish! As I went along I just kept adding more columns for more detailed info on each phone. Thus some if my records are much less complete than others. Of course the records I created from phones that had fairly complete and detailed pictures on eBay always have one missing picture of specifics of some part if the phone. I have only included a relatively small number of my own phones so far and need to go through more of them. We had very extensive refurb shops here thus most of my phones have gone through the shops several times rendering specifics more hit and miss.

My data is in one Excel sheet but with several tabs breaking it down into sub groups of similar models. All the models 1,2, 34, 35, 40, 43, 44, 47 & 50 are in a single tab as many aspects of these AE phones are similar.

I have always wanted to spend some time looking up patents to try to date AE phones better but so far that isn't on the radar for me. I suspect that between many of us here we could put together a lot more detailed info on AE phones, we just need a way to get it all together and we likely need a specific focus to start. Several of you are good at checking the patents and the AE books, both things that I do very little of.

What and where is Poplar1's WECo list?

Terry

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11422.0

I have kept track of patents on labels I see. The patent dates are a good start for dating, but only give a lower boundary. But when a 1952 patent date is indicated and the phone has a 24A36 dial, one knows it's been modified to look older than it is, for example.