News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first "toaster" and question about dial.

Started by davidbholcomb, April 21, 2014, 06:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidbholcomb

Well I finally picked up a "toaster" phone TP-6-A by Conn. Tel. & Elec. Corp. Upon inspection it would appear that the dial is wrong. I was wondering what the more knowledgeable members thought. Everything else seems to be original.
Dave, who still needs a Transmitter Bracket for the Automatic Electric Type 38 Handset.

rdelius

That dial is a very late WE replacement.You need a TA-45? dial . It looks like an AE but has extra contacts.Look for threads with photos of TP-6A telephones

paul-f

Telephonics TA-45/GT

What's the model number on the dial in the set?  It looks like a late 6 dial with a double letter suffix.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

davidbholcomb

Thanks rdelius and paul-f for the replies. The dial in the phone is a WE 6AA dial dated 7-81. So now I know what I am looking for, a TA-45 dial. Thanks. If anyone knows where I might get one I would love the tip!
Dave, who still needs a Transmitter Bracket for the Automatic Electric Type 38 Handset.

TelePlay

I'm curious about the handset. It seems to be the correct gum drop handset but does it have the Army markings on the bottom, where the WE F1 would normally be?

davidbholcomb

Quote from: TelePlay on April 21, 2014, 07:57:35 PM
I'm curious about the handset. It seems to be the correct gum drop handset but does it have the Army markings on the bottom, where the WE F1 would normally be?

Here are some images of the handset.

TelePlay

Yes, that is the correct handset for the military toaster. I see you found a dial, too, right?

davidbholcomb

Thanks John, indeed I found the dial, thanks to your tip, hope it works. Will post a picture after I get it and install it. Thanks again.