"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

different styles of rotary dialers for princess phones

Started by princessphone, May 19, 2014, 03:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princessphone

Hi there.
Need to learn more about Princess dialers. Some centers ( behind the dial card) have a springy locking mechanism  resembling a "happy face" and others look like a "space invader monster". I've tried to interchange their respective plastic dial wheels and other parts but due to minor variations they don't fit.
Is there a part name or number for each style?
Are some carryovers from other style phones?
Perhaps different subcontractors.
Is one an improvement over the other? Or was it changed to cut costs?
My collection of about 30 princesses are nicely presentable except that some of the dial wheels are a bit crabby and could use replacement.
Up to now I've buying some inexpensive princesses for parts, however when I get them my mind goes into restoration mode and then I end up looking for more parts/phones. Phonitis IS a sickness.
Has any one a few of each style of wheels for sale? I probably could use also some number rings, the opaque rings and the white background rings.
Thanks, John DeJonge       

poplar1

The finger wheels should all be the same--P11E007--for all Princess Phones (8A and 8AA dials. The same one fits WE 9C and 9CA dials, such as on 500s.

The clamp plate assembly that holds the finger wheel has several different designs, but all should accept the P11E007 finger wheels.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

princessphone