News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

g1 cord in a f1 handset

Started by persido, May 20, 2014, 02:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persido

I have a g1 handset cord that I would like to use on a f1 handset, will it work? and if so how do I hook it up?
hope someone can help...Thanks

Scot

Phonesrfun

Your bigger problem will be the physical task of anchoring the cord inside the F1 handset.  That will be a task that will require some creativity.

Wiring it is simple.  The 3-conductor cord that the F1 uses has red, white and black.  The red wire is a common for both transmitter and receiver.  The black is a transmitter wire and the white is receiver.

For the G1 4-conductor handset cord, wire the red and one of the white wires together where you would normally just wire the red in the 3-conductor cord.  The second white wire goes to the receiver and the black wire goes to the transmitter, just as in the 3-conductor cord.

-Bill G

poplar1

Just be sure you connect the same white wire that is on W in the handset to W on the dial, if you use the above method. 

Some people reverse the cord so that the grommet, normally on the handset end, is now inside the phone,  out of sight.

It's not necessary to fish the receiver wires through the handle (though I have often seen this done). Just leave the existing connections from the receiver end of the handset to the transmitter end.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

persido