News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

It's been one of those months!!!!

Started by Kenny C, April 16, 2010, 12:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

Well I am sure you all have heard th expression," March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb". March ain't got nothin' on April. So far we have went through 4 lawn mowers, A new internet modem, And two days ago  computer speaker fell on our home computer and fried a 200 dollar chip, And on top of that my almost all matching dates 5-62 WE desk set fell off of the night stand and chiped one of the cradle ears. This is one of those months that make you want to go out in the woods and take you a good long cry. I am sorry you all hear me complain but I have to vent.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

gpo706

I'm with you Kenny, seems every months brings more cr*p to deal with.

And we have a general election on here!

(I'm focussed on my PBX, sod em all)
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Jim Stettler

Kenny,
It is always a bummer when you damage a phone. I had a very nice Imperial w/ a great white Thermoplastic F handset.
I knocked a shelf of phones onto it, and it fell and broke the handset.

That is why I screw the shelfs in place now.
I am still bummed about that handset. I kept that phone in great condition for 15 yearsw before the "incident".
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AET

Don't you just hate it when that happens?  And it's especially terrible when it's something that's been around for years and years.  I got t-boned in my 1960 Bel-Air when I was 16, and my dad, who was very angry at the time only had one thing to say "That car lasted 46 years before it got in your hands and you destroyed it" well needless to say, just when I thought I couldn't feel any worse, I did.
- Tom

Dan/Panther

The things that get me, are the ones that you know, you shouldn't be doing something a certain way, and when it goes bad, you knew better. I can get over an accident much quicker than the above stupid moment. Like Ron White says; "You can't fix stupid".

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Speaking of "can't fix stupid"....a few years ago I refurbed a WE Green thermoplastic and it looked fantastic, not ETS fantastic, but my fantastic.  I was done. I was walking away and I went back to my workbench to do one more MINOR thing. The cloth was under the back foot of the 302 and the floor is cement. Themoplastic and cement do not mix, add in Grade A temper tantrum, its not a pretty site.  Now I know when enough is enough.....Doug
Kidphone

GusHerb

No phone related incidents for me lately, but my mom's brand new 2010 model year car (which shall remain unnamed) had the transmission fail at 9,000 miles and now after getting it fixed it's still having an issue that I'm trying to resolve myself now since the dealer is a huge PITA. I'd never been so angry at a car before this one...
Jonathan

Kenny C

let me guess it is a devil car chrysler.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

LarryInMichigan

GusHerb,

Many or most states have "lemon laws" which require auto companies to refund a buyer's money if they have a recurrent issue with a new car.  I new someone who bought a Chrysler years ago and had a persistent problem with the brakes which the dealer could not fix.  She hired a lawyer and got her money back.

Larry

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

I managed to fry a DCC decoder last night trying to install it for my son in his Atlas 2-6-0 N scale Mogul steam engine.  Pure total stupid moment that I should have known better about, and those Lenz decoders are not cheap, he saved for quite a while to buy it.

And so I'm paying for a replacement.

Sorry to hear about that 62' phone Kenny.  There are some folks who can put that plastic back together so that it looks new, Dennis Markham has a buddy who can work amazing wonders.

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

GusHerb

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on April 17, 2010, 11:11:24 AM
let me guess it is a devil car chrysler.
Luckily It's not a Chrysler (which I know all about Chrysler's and there being from Hell).
Thank god this car's leased so if it turns out to be a lemon it's gone after 3 years no matter what. It seems to be all fixed now, but it's gonna be VERY hard to not go insane driving it thinking it's gonna die (way oversensitive now)

I read the posts where you were talking all about that 300 your parent's got, I know all about those monster's, we had one as a rental in California for 2 weeks and so many things were not right with it, not to mention it felt broken when trying to pass on the highway...All it did was rev but it barely moved, thought the transmission was slipping. That was seriously horrible for a 3.5 liter V6.   
My mom is a newfound Ford fan and my dad is into his Nissan Rogue that we picked out for him.
Jonathan

Kenny C

in the time since I typed that post we have gotten a new truck. A 1989 ford 1/3 ton  I hate it to it is so loud. But I like it way better than the chrysler
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AET

Trucks are supposed to be loud haha, my redneck side is coming out.

I have a friend that had a PT Cruiser a couple months ago, he had to take it in for a coolant leak 3 timess, and a steering box issue, all in 2 months.  The dealership gave him a newer, nicer Ford Focus and he's very happy with it.
- Tom