Author Topic: How soon should I wait before sending a second chance offer?  (Read 196 times)

Offline Sargeguy

  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 4810
How soon should I wait before sending a second chance offer?
« on: October 24, 2018, 10:10:20 AM »
 I recently sold an item on eBay. I did not receive payment, nor did I hear from the fire after 2 1/2 days despite sending reminders.  The runner-up had contacted me and asked to purchased the item if the deal fell through.  How long should one wait before sending the second chance offer?  I think 48 hours is typical, especially if you havenít had any communication from the winning bidder.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Offline Key2871

  • **
  • Posts: 1294
Re: How soon should I wait before sending a second chance offer?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 11:03:17 AM »
When I had that problem, I'd take and send a reminder a couple times. But if I didn't get a response, I'd contact eBay to let them know. And supposedly eBay would also send a reminder. But after a couple weeks I'd go back to eBay and let them know again. But that was years ago and I have no choice but to leave negative feedback.
KEN

Offline Dan/Panther

  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 5517
  • Kaw-Liga, I will NEVER forget you. 8/4/98--9/20/10
Re: How soon should I wait before sending a second chance offer?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 02:13:55 PM »
I would give it 3 business days. But I would also contact the runner up and tell him the situation.
So he doesn't go elsewhere.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Offline HarrySmith

  • ***
  • Posts: 5805
  • 1937 302
Re: How soon should I wait before sending a second chance offer?
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 04:10:27 PM »
Report to eBay as a non paying buyer. He will get a strike against him. Also let eBay know about the runner up so they don't drag thier feet!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Offline Sargeguy

  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 4810
Re: How soon should I wait before sending a second chance offer?
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 04:53:31 PM »
 I sent a reminder for 48 hours saying that there was someone else interested in the item.  When I didnít hear back from the high bidder, I cancelled the sale  and sold it to the second bidder,  who was bugging me about it.   
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409