News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My First Auction Listing.

Started by Dan/Panther, April 15, 2009, 07:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

As a rule of thumb, usually I find that if an auction reaches a plateau 12-16 hours before the auction end, I've found a close guess is double that figure at the last. When My phone peeked at $81.00 with 12 hours to go, I was really thinking I might get $125-150 for it. As it is, paying say an average of $30.00 for a decent 302, with $13.95 shipping say roughly $45.00 invested without time and any materials, $91.00 isn't worth that much effort.

BTW, I got a 3-47 all matching 302, today in the mail with like new clothe cords, and paid $27.00.  Dial is like new, case has very few very lite scratches, I could polish her up and it would look almost as good as the one I just sold.

There is also a guy that sells radios, he gets $500.00 for a radio everyone else sweats to get $150.00. I don't get it.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

I got a reply from the guy tha bought the phone.
Here is what he said.

"I haven't had time yet to try it out but as for shipping, very well packed and there was no damage. Also the phone looked better than described. I am very satisfied with it. I'll try it out when I get home from work today and mention it in your feedback. Again thanks for the nice phone."

Well, over one hurdle, now I hope it's compatible with his phone system.

D/P

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan/Panther
I got a reply from the guy that bought the phone.
"... the phone looked better than described. I am very satisfied with it."

How often does one hear that?  Hopefully the phone is compatible with their system (most likely) and you'll get your first glowing feedback.  After all your care and work, you certainly deserve it.  Your a credit to the force Dan.  Thanks for the education and inspiration as we vicariously watch the process of your first sale. :)

Dan/Panther

Matt;
Thanks for the kind words. I will be a seats edge until I hear from him tonight hopefully.
My first reaction to his, "It looks better",  How can  I get better photos, I was worried the photos made the phone look better than it was, but apparently not...
I went to brighter lights, but if I go any brighter, I will be showing each and every little spot,  especially on the black surface.
D/P

Tonyrotary

I am sure he will find it works great. Great first listing by the way!

Ellen

D/P, stop fretting.  Your baby got adopted by an appreciative new Dad.  Most things look better in person than in a photo. 

bingster

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 30, 2009, 03:25:49 PMHow can  I get better photos,

I'm the last person to give digital photography advice, but I have noticed that some of the best phone photos have been taken outdoors.  Maybe experiment a bit in that area?
= DARRIN =

McHeath

QuoteMost things look better in person than in a photo.

Except my thinning hair!!

HobieSport

Quote from: bingster
I have noticed that some of the best phone photos have been taken outdoors.  Maybe experiment a bit in that area?

Now I'm also waiting to hear about Dan/P's buyer's feedback out of curiosity, but meanwhile on the subject of outdoor phone photography; the best photos of well polished black phones I have ever seen were done outdoors, and they reflected some trees and sky.  It gave a variety and richness of reflected natural color and patterns that just couldn't be achieved in an indoor photo situation.  I think the photos are posted on the forum here but I forget where.

Dan/Panther

Ellen;
You don't undersatnd this is my baby we are talking about. Out in the world all alone, not even connected so we can talk.
I only hope I've done the right thing...
D/p

HobieSport

We're with you, D/P.  I hope your buyer tries it out soon and gives you some great feedback so we can hear about it.  This whole adventure of your first sale has had me following closely and learning, as I haven't sold on Ebay yet.

I bought a beautifully (I would really say perfectly) refurbished '57 500 a while back.  I've never bought a refurbished phone and probably never will again, but this was all matching dates, on my birthday, and like I say, it was absolutely perfect, like new.  The starting bid was $80 and I sniped it at that.  I knew the guy had put much more into it than that, so I just thanked him very sincerely by private email and gave him top feedback.  He is a regular phone seller on Ebay and usually gets more, so I didn't feel too guilty, because he wasn't really "attached" to it, but he was appreciative of my...well, appreciation, so we were both happy. 8)