Author Topic: 5302 with a G1 Handset  (Read 617 times)

Online Doug Rose

• Blondie & the Kid of Phone
5302 with a G1 Handset
« on: May 04, 2013, 12:22:48 PM »
I found a nice WE 5302, it came with no cords. When I tried to wire it like an F1, both white on white dial, it would not dial out and I could not hear. Then I put one white on the handset red and white on white dial and black on black dial. Doesn't breaks dt, just sits. Rings and conversation is clear. What am I missing?...thanks...Doug
Kidphone

Offline poplar1

• 1051-AL
Re: 5302 with a G1 Handset
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 12:48:54 PM »
If you remove the transmitter, does dial tone go away, but you still have a monitor (can hear ringback tone or another phone going off-hook)?

The red and one white go to R on the 101A induction coil. Where you may have seen both white wires going to W on the dial is when a 4-conductor handset cord meant for a G- handset is used on an F-1 handset.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Online Doug Rose

• Blondie & the Kid of Phone
Re: 5302 with a G1 Handset
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 02:24:18 PM »
If you remove the transmitter, does dial tone go away, but you still have a monitor (can hear ringback tone or another phone going off-hook)?

The red and one white go to R on the 101A induction coil. Where you may have seen both white wires going to W on the dial is when a 4-conductor handset cord meant for a G- handset is used on an F-1 handset.
It was my Panasonic 616 ...port 11 no longer dials out. I moved it to port 12 and Viola!!!....thanks ...Doug
Kidphone