News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Plastic dial on a phone wall..

Started by Contempra, September 26, 2013, 04:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contempra

I'm wondering how to remove this because I want to put a little piece of cartoon or a piece of paper ...I don't know to do but on the dial 2 holes are there.. 2 very very little holes.

Sorry for the picture I can't do that better , I use my webcam :(

WesternElectricBen

Take note of the hole between the 7 and the zero when dial is fully returned. Then rotate the dial past the zero as far as it will go, then stick a paper clip in the whole you took note of, make sure you press down pretty hard on the paper clip until you can rotate it even more to the left. Then it should come off.

Do not pry, if you need any more help I'm sure someone can do a better job explaining it.

I have also made a video tutorial to help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oCzbZI0rVs

Ben

tallguy58

Take a small paper clip or safety pin and put it in the tiny hole between the "9" and "0" position.
Press firmly while turning the dial clockwise all the way and then some.
Make sure the paper clip or pin is depressed while doing this. The dial will slip off when it  gets to the end.

To re-attach, place the last finger hole (the"0") over the "9" position and press the center of the finger wheel while turning counter clockwise. You should hear it click into position.
To prevent your center card from turning out of position, you must cut a wedge in it that corresponds with the wedge molded into the dial at the 10 o'clock position.
Cheers........Bill

Contempra

Thank you to you both for the information ;)