"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Glad to be here! "finlover"

Started by finlover, May 18, 2009, 12:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finlover

Hello, boys,
I just stumbled onto this forum and I'm looking forward to making some new friends.  Thanks to all who have said nice things about my work!  Phone restoration is a passion for me.

JorgeAmely

Mr. finlover:

How do we know it is you and not an impersonator?

Jorge

Jorge

McHeath

Fair question.  Finlover is a bit of a celebrity around here, his phones on e-bay are pretty amazing, both the quality of the restoration and the presentation. 

finlover

Querido, Jorge,

De veras, soy yo!

El Goyo

finlover

Thank you for the compliment, McHeath.  I'll take a little celebrity any way I can get it! ;D

BDM

For those who don't know, here's an example of his work. My eyes need to adjust to the color ;D  :o

http://tinyurl.com/o99fuh
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

AET

Finlover, the legend arrives!
- Tom

finlover

Thanks for the link, Brian.  Amazing what a can of Krlyon can do... ;)
Seriously, I've found that taking my photos in the morning in the shade produces the best color.  I'm no photog--it's a decent Sony digital camera that I barely know how to use.

BDM

finlover, tells about your collection ;)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan/Panther

Finlover;
Welcome to our little world.
You do great work, and I look forward to many interesting posts, to and from you.
Regards;
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

foots

Welcome from the new guy. You do seriously nice work.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Dan

I am happy to finally hear from THEE MAN! You do use turtle wax F21 or some kind of armoral type polish right before you take your pics, right?  You do gorgeous work!

I've even seen people copy your presentation , word for word, and the phone not even have it's "soft center" fingerwheel.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

Welcome aboard Finlover.  We are glad to have you on the forum.  We look forward to reading about all of your secrets for refurbishing telephones! It's good to hear from you. 

finlover

Thanks for all your nice words, guys!  After sanding and hand polishing with Novus 1 and 2, my phones get that shiny finish thanks to a final polish on a buffing wheel, followed by a spritz of car detailer (I like "Ice" by Turtle Wax, I think) on a soft terry cloth.

Now that I'm part of this forum, please do me the favor of letting me know when my descriptions are plagiarized.  I work hard on them and it really burns me up when someone lifts them. >:(

mienaichizu

welcome finlover, I saw that you do a great job in restoring phones, great!