Author Topic: $10099.95 Vintage Stromberg-Carlson SLENDERET Princess Style Touch Push Button  (Read 1356 times)

Offline GTE Rick

$10099.95  Buy It now... With Free "economy" Shipping !

That must be A TYPO!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121239437317

"Vintage Stromberg-Carlson SLENDERET Princess Style Touch Push Button Army Green"
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:34:09 PM by TelePlay »
Star bright, Starlite.  So chic by day, It glows by night.

Offline Contempra

Excuse me but I find that some sellers takes us for suitcases full of money!, have still not idiots to pay $10,000 for a phone unless it is solid gold... Who would want to pay this amount?... I'd buy a car for this price before a phone.. :o
Denis

Offline TelePlay

• Global Moderator
    • . . . times keep changin'
Let me take a guess at this.

The seller first listed it at $100 but then thought the marketing number of $99.95 would make it more appealing to a potential buyer.

So, after the seller typed in $100, the seller then typed in the 99 and the .95 but forgot to delete the 100, hence, the $10099.95 (there is no comma as it would be if the seller intended it to be $10,099.95).

Offline WesternElectricBen

Excuse me but I find that some sellers takes us for suitcases full of money!, have still not idiots to pay $10,000 for a phone unless it is solid gold... Who would want to pay this amount?... I'd buy a car for this price before a phone.. :o

And a garage to put it in..

Ben

Offline paul-f

• Old Telephones as Entertainment!
Before emptying your cash suitcase on this phone, I'll consider offers on a set of 8 -- both rotary and touchtone sets in each of the 4 production colors.   ;)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE 500  Design_Line

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
  • AE 2 - AECo's 1st Self Contained Desk Phone 1925
Wait till he gets the ebaY bill for listing it at that price!

Terry

Offline JimH

• 1940 Blue 302
I saw this a few days ago, and sent the seller a message.  Here it is:

Dear grandmasatticny,

Check your listed price; this cannot be correct.

Answer:

Yes that is correct. I discovered a problem with the phone. I wanted a chance to try to fix the phone before I ended the listing. Then I will edit the listing.
Thanks

Odd thing about this is, that they had the same NOS phone in another color with the box for I think $75 buy it now.  Who knows!

Jim
Mark
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 11:40:08 PM by JimH »
Jim H.

Offline baldopeacock

wow.  I've got its twin, as a wall version, in my kitchen as our daily driver, and it was NOS when I got it for $15.  If I'd only known it was worth ten grand I'd never have taken it out of the box.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:01:51 PM by baldopeacock »

Offline TelePlay

• Global Moderator
    • . . . times keep changin'
"Yes that is correct. I discovered a problem with the phone. I wanted a chance to try to fix the phone before I ended the listing. Then I will edit the listing."

That's just __________  (and any one of several words would fit that blank).