Author Topic: A bit of my collection  (Read 2546 times)

Offline mentalstampede

• no deposit, no return
Re: A bit of my collection
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 11:05:57 AM »
I'm a fan of the more esoteric "phone from..." signs. Like "phone from horse" and whatnot. Thanks for the compliment. I'm proud of how it turned out once I got it repaired and reassembled.

I like your "booth". The phone has the "long" handset cord, which makes me think it is  a "Phone from Car". Southwest bell liked to use the engraved handsets on "Phone from Car" Payphones.

JMO,
Jim S.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” --Robert Heinlein

Offline mentalstampede

• no deposit, no return
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 07:37:48 PM »
So, I'm pretty sure this is a good problem to have, but I had to make a cheat sheet to remember which phones are hooked up where. Also, I need a system with more extensions!

“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” --Robert Heinlein

Online Pourme

• Benny
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 08:13:48 PM »
I did the same thing but, mine is on a post it note...Your's looks much nicer!
The Internet is a telephone system that's gotten uppity

Offline AL_as_needed

• WE '63 500L/M, From Narco Avionics
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 08:26:57 PM »
But what about ext 18?... Connect to that one and a phone, somewhere in the depths of the attic, rings?  :D
TWinbrook7

Offline mentalstampede

• no deposit, no return
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 08:42:31 PM »
But what about ext 18?... Connect to that one and a phone, somewhere in the depths of the attic, rings?  :D

I wish! Extension 18 is inoperative. I've been looking for a new 616, but at least this one is better than my last one.