Author Topic: Look what I bought!!!  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Kenton K

• Kenton "Clickty Clack"
Re: Look what I bought!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 02:18:08 AM »
Here are pictures as promised. I did polish them a tad. The beige is 55, but has 56 dial and cords, which is why they are color. Kind of matching dates? The ivory is a matching date 57. Both phones have very little fading, I think it is because they were kept in the case most of their life. The teletrainer case is pretty cool: large, well built, and I love the logos and print on the outside. One problem is the soft plastic "blisters" out where the cords were touching. And I need to replace the cord on the teletrainer.

Its kind of funny. I have a nice rose beige for my collection, but not a nice matching date black. That just shows the early state of the collection. I have most of the colors in ABS, but the soft plastics are few.

-Ken

Offline LarryInMichigan

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 06:55:29 AM »
They look great!  I am glad that they arrived safely.

Larry

Offline AE40FAN

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 08:50:32 AM »
Awesome find!

Offline WEBellSystemChristian

• Grandpa's 1955 Western Electric 500
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2014, 09:23:14 AM »
Just beautiful! You should be very proud of all three items you got, especially the Rose Beige!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Offline paul-f

• Old Telephones as Entertainment!
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 10:50:53 AM »
It's great that they survived their extended trip in such good shape!

Let us know when you give it the "smoke test."
Visit: paul-f.com         WE 500  Design_Line

Offline jsowers

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 11:56:11 AM »
Your phones and Teletrainer look great and were worth the long wait. Those 25' mounting cords are very rare. Not the best for a phone display because there's so much cord, but you've got them tied up well.
Jonathan

Offline Kenton K

• Kenton "Clickty Clack"
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 08:30:51 PM »
The waiting is the worst part. I was very scared of any injuries. They were shipped in the case, with the handset still on the cradle with some bubble wrap sandwiched between it.  They arrived OK but I wouldn't recommend it again.

And now I have a little teletrainer collection, lol. And the long cords do clutter the display, especially if it is a two layered display.

Certainly my personal find of the month.
-Kenton

And Paul, do you want any photos of the inside of the trainer for the website  while its still open?

Offline JorgeAmely

• WE 500 from 1958
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2014, 08:59:59 PM »
You score well with these phones. It seems like the case was a time capsule for them.
Jorge

Offline LarryInMichigan

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2014, 11:48:49 PM »
I would expect that 25' rose beige cords are quite rare, so the cord itself may be worth a decent amount.  I certainly wouldn't recommend shortening it.

Larry

Offline Kenton K

• Kenton "Clickty Clack"
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 12:59:48 AM »
Oh no!! That's sacrilege! But I have done some stupid stuff in the past. I cut a 70's hardwired line cord to try to make it modular.  :-[

Kenton