Author Topic: German "Maingau" Phone  (Read 3609 times)

unbeldi

Re: German "Maingau" Phone
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 09:46:50 AM »

The same radio museum site also has a list of the MPA codes, seems to be the same that I have:
http://www.radiomuseum.org/museum/d/bakelitmuseum-im-alten-amtstuffml

Offline LarryInMichigan

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 12:37:48 PM »
The phone has been reassembled.  The transmitter had far too much gain and made alot of static noise, so I connected a 330Ω resistor in parallel with it, and it sounds much better, though still not very good.

Here are a few 'after' pictures.

Larry

unbeldi

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 01:16:08 PM »
Looks nice, I would be proud to own it.

Offline LarryInMichigan

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »
Is this phone supposed to have a spring somewhere under the cradle?  When I lift the handset, the hook switch doesn't always close completely, so I have to pull the cradle with my fingers.

Larry

Offline Matilo Telephones

• Matilo Telephones
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 05:53:05 PM »
It looks really good now, Larry. Very well done.

Mine has no spring with the plunger. The spring is in the hookswitch. Probably it is running a bit dry or it is sticky. Clean the holes and plunger, oil it very very lightly, I'd say.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Offline LarryInMichigan

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 10:35:02 AM »
I decided to take this phone off the shelf and dust it off a bit.  I noticed that there was a bakelite ring inside the transmitter cup which fit around the transmitter capsule.  With that ring removed, there was enough space for an AE type 41 transmitter to fit, so I bent the contacts inside the handset a bit and installed an AE transmitter, and now the phone is usable with crackling noises.

Larry

Offline migette

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2018, 08:42:07 AM »
Larry finally got the phone working thanks to your diagram, very pleased as all the bits are original including transmitter and receiver although a bit noisy and that's to be expected. The cradle spring is on the phone under the contacts and not on the cover,this may help as I know this was mentioned. Thanks again another phone for the collection.