Author Topic: Deco-Tel Empress hookswitch actuator broken issue  (Read 956 times)

Offline RotoTech99

Deco-Tel Empress hookswitch actuator broken issue
« on: September 26, 2014, 07:09:44 PM »
On a Deco-Tel (ATC) Empress I've been working on, I've got it rewired, thanks to having existing parts redone or replaced.

It's to a point now where it will do everything but hang up via the cradle when assembled due to part of the internal hook actuator that works a installed AE Styleline hookswitch being broken off prior to my receiving the set.

It is a black plastic piece in the upper center of the Empress' upper housing on the cradle plunger shaft that is moveable, and has a piece on it normally that extends to the back and right to meet and work the AE Styleline hookswitch.

I'm having difficulty finding the piece, or thinking of a way to put an adaptor on the actuator that will reach and operate the Styleline hook.

I have a good idea of where the piece was that is gone, and where to epoxy a new one if I can't get a replacement, but what to use for the adaptor is my quandary.

Need advice and help, please.

Regards,
RotoTech99
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:48:45 PM by TelePlay »

Offline HarrySmith

• 1937 302
Re: Deco-Tel Empress hookswitch actuator broken issue
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 09:20:54 PM »
Can you post a picture? I have some parts for these phones but cannot picture what you are describing.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Offline RotoTech99

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 09:26:16 PM »
Yes, will have it up in a few minutes....

Offline RotoTech99

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 10:03:20 PM »
Here are the pictures of my Empress set's hookswitch actuator...

In picture 1 you'll see where the missing part is that is for operating the AE Styleline type hookswitch when it's used in the Empress (the Independent models with "M" for mixed components) in the set model coding. Picture 2 shows the actuator from the front.

The missing piece which is a molded part of the actuator comes down at a angle to the right, with a pin on it's end. When in a Empress upper shell on the cradle plunger shaft it's to the rear center of the cradle plunger shaft area. It works the AE hookswitch.

When you lift off the upper shell of the Empress with the dial opening facing you, it will show towards the back of the cradle plunger shaft assembly behind the "stepped" part of the actuator.

Offline HarrySmith

• 1937 302
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »
I pulled out my Deco-Tel phones and parts, only one had any type of actuator for the hookswitch, the others are simply a rod. The one I pulled looks completely different from yours. Sorry, can't help with this one!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Offline RotoTech99

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 04:01:17 PM »
What kind was the one that did? I'm guessing it wasn't a Empress...