News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finlover Selling his Collection

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, April 28, 2015, 08:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

Another collector looks like he's done with phones for good. For those who knew him, Finlover was really good at restorations, but left the forum to focus his attention on his band. Now it looks like he's selling his collection off. Pretty sad...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191566961796
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 28, 2015, 12:19:29 PM
I only see one phone for sale.  Not sure if that qualifies as selling off his collection.   Are you speculating or do you have inside information?
Sorry, I should have elaborated more.

Over the past several months, I have seen at least two or three other phones of his for sale by him. One of them was a black '55 500, and I don't remember the other one. He's probably not selling off his collection, but he is selling some of his prized phones--this Blood Red Continental was one of his favorites, if I recall one of his posts correctly.

He probably still has all of his very favorite phones, but I doubt he has bought any more in a long time.
Christian Petterson

tallguy58

This come with a subset?

I don't see a mini network in there.
Cheers........Bill

Dennis Markham

Christian, after I posted my reply to your initial observation I dug deeper into Greg's (Finlover) feedback and did see that he had sold a number of telephones.  So I retracted my comment as I thought some may find it disrespectful to you.  My point and thought was that we shouldn't speculate what one is doing with their collection unless the person doing the speculating really knows.  I think collectors from time to time change directions on what they want to collect----or perhaps they ARE selling off their collection.

Anyway, the 202 is a very beautiful example.  There's a thread on the forum about it when he purchased it some years ago.

~Dennis

HarrySmith

I see in his recent completed auctions one phone and three guitars. Is he giving up playing in the band also?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Okay, I guess I was wrong. Maybe he isn't selling his collection, but he probably isn't coming back any time soon. I would like to see him here again!
Christian Petterson

Doug Rose

A message from Greg (Finlover)

Dear jflowres,

Hi, Doug,

Thanks for saying so! You all are a great bunch of guys and I do miss the forum. But ever since I got back into music my phone collecting has fallen by the wayside, as much as I still love them. I'm down to my favorites including an AE34 and an AE40 that will be up for sale soon. None of them are incredibly valuable but I've bought a new bass guitar and I have to offset the cost. I still get to be around classic phones though since I continue to restore them for collectors once in a while. If you're interested, check out our band's website and you'll hear a few recordings of us. It's www . 3chordrodeo . com I'm on bass and lead vocal except for a couple. Give all the guys my best!

- finlover
Kidphone

Partyline4

Looks like he's getting good money for them.

Mark got the best collection I've ever seen.....

In sure you guys haven't forgotten.