Author Topic: What is this part called? -> AE40 Lift  (Read 8033 times)

Offline AE_Collector

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7525
  • AE 2 - AECo's 1st Self Contained Desk Phone 1925
Re: What is this part called? -> AE40 Lift
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2017, 04:28:49 PM »

Still, the only use I have found is the "kick" function I described earlier. Perhaps there were more of these or perhaps I am just lucky. Have you come across this function before?


I have never heard of using the little button by the cradle of some 40 sets as a way to use the set on a Magneto line but that doesn't mean anything. I only worked in big city environments so didn't see much of the rural type equipment setups. What you describe sounds like a viable arrangement.

I did see this little button (and the similar button on AE47 sets) used to get outside dial tone on old AE electro-mechanical PBX's AND for button / buzzer setups between boss and secretary etc.