Author Topic: I hate it when they do this!  (Read 1883 times)

Online 19and41

Re: I hate it when they do this!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 04:41:21 PM »
I like the looks of these for such purposes.  I have a hurricane style holder in the living room with one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Flickering-Flame-STANDARD-Light-Bulbs-3w-Realistic-Candle-Flicker-E26-NEW-/111874988020?hash=item1a0c44d7f4:g:c20AAOSwSzdXBsCD
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

Online 19and41

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 02:29:40 PM »
Ford, like a number of makers had to hold over their 1942 basic body styles til 1948.  They also went through a management crisis during that period.  Their next big styling change was in 1949 with the "shoebox" or "3 box" body style.
Arthur C. Clarke

Online 19and41

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 02:48:35 PM »
Here's a guy who'd think those flames would look just right on anything.

http://kboi2.com/news/offbeat/man-sporting-flame-tattoo-eyebrows-arrested-in-meth-bust-near-school
Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Babybearjs

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 04:19:47 PM »
that's the one thing about LED's is the flicker effect.... it has to do with the phasing. it see it mainly in low voltage lighting and in Christmas lights.... that's why I don't like the LED Christmas lights, plus the "Cool White" and "neon Blue" colors are too hard on the eyes!
John

Offline WEBellSystemChristian

• Grandpa's 1955 Western Electric 500
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 08:39:09 PM »
that's the one thing about LED's is the flicker effect.... it has to do with the phasing. it see it mainly in low voltage lighting and in Christmas lights.... that's why I don't like the LED Christmas lights, plus the "Cool White" and "neon Blue" colors are too hard on the eyes!

For our Christmas tree, we have soft white LEDs (no flicker). They look very nice, and feel 'fresher' yet don't don't feel very harsh. We've had the tree and same string of lights for about seven years now, and not one light has gone out!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Online 19and41

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 09:14:21 PM »
I use the T5 type led strings in color, but for my outdoor decoration.  They seem to have richer color than the faceted or long shapes.
Arthur C. Clarke