Author Topic: How Do I Get This OPEN!!!  (Read 602 times)

Offline Doug Rose

• Blondie & the Kid of Phone
How Do I Get This OPEN!!!
« on: August 07, 2016, 09:33:21 AM »
I want to replace the broken hook switch, I finally got it loose so I could unscrew the top by the stem....NADA. Any Help would be greatly appreciated....Doug
Kidphone

Offline Ktownphoneco

Re: How Do I Get This OPEN!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 10:00:00 AM »
Doug   ...  I haven't any experience with this type of stick, but looking closely at one of your pictures, it would almost appear as though the perch is actually a "cap" affair, and it has knurling around the lower circumference.     The presence of knurling usually indicates that something has been designed to screw on and screw off.     Knurling provides assistance in getting a grip on whatever needs to be taken apart.   There is also a recess locating just under the perch cap, which is also a good indicator of something that's been threaded into place.   I'd be willing to bet the perch cap threads onto that collar at the top of the stem.    It's worth a shot.     I've "doctored" one of your pictures to help explain my "theory".

Jeff Lamb

Offline Doug Rose

• Blondie & the Kid of Phone
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 10:49:31 AM »
Jeff ...I have the knurled cap loose, but it will not release.

John....here is the bottom...Doug
Kidphone

Offline Ktownphoneco

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 11:05:08 AM »
Ok, Doug.   I wasn't sure if you were referring to that perch cap or not.    Here's a CRPF link from 2013, where the issue was discussed, and several members explained the process.    As soon as they mentioned "pin", it jogged my memory.    There's a pin in the perch assembly you need to remove.

Here's the link : http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9336.0

Jeff

Offline TelePlay

• Global Moderator
    • . . . times keep changin'
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 11:41:53 AM »
Is this the pin?

Offline Ktownphoneco

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 12:27:44 PM »
Yes, that would be the pin that has to be driven out.     Here's a better picture.

Jeff