Main Menu

Antique-Telephone-Nothwest-Electric

Started by Doug Rose, December 24, 2016, 08:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Pourme

Seller has (0) transactions....

I don't think this will help change that stat...
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AE_Collector

More awards for best pictures of an eBay item! Always important to have LOTS of backlight in your pictures....

This is a rare "North West Electric" phone? Must be a knock off of a Western Electric.
Lots of AECo phones on eBay are actually American Electric Phones ..... apparently.

Terry

andre_janew

My guess is that it is a mix of Northern Electric and Western Electric parts, making it a Northwest Electric phone!

TelePlay

Must be a new trend, Take one poor picture and put up multiple copies of it to justify the price, in this case, $233.33 plus 1 cent per image.

Seller joined eBay on Dec 5, 2016 so seems he is at the beginning of a long learning curve, a very long and shallow curve.

He's wearing a wig, right? Or is it Mrs. Claus?

The description is very helpful: "Item even has original cord . Black in color. Heavy in weight (approx. 6 Lbs.)"

AE_Collector

It is important to tell people the color of a phone in a listing because it isn't always obvious!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3908.msg68704#msg68704

Terry

TelePlay

Fabius

At least in the 3 pictures he/she/other demonstrates that the hand set can be removed and placed back on the desk set.

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

Quote from: Fabius on December 24, 2016, 04:05:48 PM
At least in the 3 pictures he/she/other demonstrates that the hand set can be removed and placed back on the desk set.

Quote from: Fabius on December 24, 2016, 04:05:48 PM

Okay, missed that, need more light or better attention with my old eyes.

But, in the third image, what is "she" holding in her hand (notice the nicely manicured red fingernails - therefore she)?

Did that break off of the handset or is that the line cord end.

TelePlay

Quote from: TelePlay on December 24, 2016, 04:17:37 PM
But, in the third image, what is "she" holding in her hand (notice the nicely manicured red fingernails - therefore she)?

Did that break off of the handset or is that the line cord end.

On my big machine now so did a quick and dirty image enhancement (low resolution to begin with so kind of grainy) but the question stands, what is that in her left hand?

Fabius

Quote from: TelePlay on December 24, 2016, 04:17:37 PM

Flash drive that she's inserting into the phone.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Pourme

A wig and one polished forefinger. A cry for help?
Benny

TelePlay

Just in case this got lost in memory over the holiday weekend, this auction ends in about 9 hours. So far, no offers and only one watcher - me. Hate to see any member interested in this find filled with regrets come tomorrow . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302174668246

When it's gone, well, its gone. These rare phones just don't come up that often, but, if not snagged with a snipe, it may be relisted . . .  ;)

Pourme

Benny

TelePlay

Whew! What a relief.

Everybody forgot about this phone ending it didn't sell at end time and the seller kindly re-listed it at the same price and shipping.

Only bad thing is those who want to snipe it will have to wait 10 days. Don't think it will make it to a 3rd re-list, but I've been known to be wrong, so I'll have to put it on my watch list, again . . .    but, then, the dreaded "Make an Offer" option has been added. Darn. Maybe, what, offer $5.99 plus the $20 shipping, for an unknown phone? That might be high. Maybe $15 with free shipping . . . ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Telephone-Nothwest-Electric-/302185466547