News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

San Jose Phone Show - My stuff

Started by bellsystemproperty, November 08, 2009, 09:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellsystemproperty

I got a bunch of cool stuff at the San Jose phone show so I decided to just make a new thread.

A Panasonic PBX that works with rotary phones!
A free Com Key 416 phone system (this is kinda confusing, but I am learning it), and some cords for it
An Australian PMG phone for only $2 that works great!
A Monophone 40 also for $2 that needs some help
My younger sister got a turquoise Western Electric 500, for $15 (she hates Princess phones)
A cool poster of the time-line of telephone technology advancement
A half of a Princess phone for free
I was kindly given a brand new pink Stromberg Carlson key phone, which is working great.
I decided to just post the pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/monophone80/SanJosePhoneShowFindings# ( dead link 03-11-21 )

The PBX is very cool. I am connecting each room of the house to a different extension, so when I want to talk to someone instead of yelling across the house, I dial a two digit extension. I can even transfer callers to different extensions. Rotary phones draw a lot of juice for ringing, but the PBX supplies plenty of REN. It works with any old rotary phone. Dialing 9 lets you access the outside line.

The Com Key 416 system is interesting. I am learning about how to use it so far. It has thick cables!

I am very glad I went to this show. I've never been to one before, but is fun and the prices are much more reasonable than eBay, plus the people are nice and know what they're talking about.
;D ;D ;D

Phonesrfun

Kyle:

Great haul!  I wish I could have made the trip.

-Bill G

McHeath

You got some good stuff, and some of it for free even!  The PBX system to have at home is a fun project, and I really like that Stromberg call director style phone.  They were a nice group of folks eh?  We got a couple of things for free as well, "Here take that" was the attitude. 

bellsystemproperty

Yeah, a lot of nice people. The PBX is great, now I just need to add some phones in the yard.   :D It's a lot of fun to be able to transfer callers too. Right now I am looking for more phone cable, because I need to run some more wires. My house already has wires everywhere, but I guess I prefer function over form.

bingster

I gotta get me one of those PBX units.  I think a couple other people on the forum have them, too.

All in all, nice haul!
= DARRIN =

bwanna

very nice, bsp :)  now i'll be looking for a PBX. at my house we IM each other from different rooms ::) calling on a rotary phone is way more cool ;D also, justifies getting MORE phones ;)
donna

bellsystemproperty

Perhaps later today I'll post of a video on Youtube of its use, since pictures can't really describe its awesomeness. McHeath, I like the princess phone you got. I didn't realize they were only $2, I would have probably got some too then. The PMG phone and Monophone 40 came from the same people at the table.

rp2813

Sorry, I should have addressed that to BSP
Ralph