Author Topic: WE D1 with fitted base ringer  (Read 826 times)

Offline Doug Rose

• Blondie & the Kid of Phone
Re: WE D1 with fitted base ringer
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 07:04:19 PM »
MM...the Chrome Bands on the WE 302 is not altering the design?
Kidphone

Offline TelePlay

• Global Moderator
  • Available by PM
    • . . . the times they been a'changing
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 07:23:20 PM »
I guess it goes to the definition of design, which itself varies. This is one I found interesting.

"Design:  Realization of a concept or idea into a configuration, drawing, model, mould, pattern, plan or specification (on which the actual or commercial production of an item is based) and which helps achieve the item's designated objective(s)."

Or as Oxford calls it:  "A plan or drawing produced to show the look and function or workings of a building, garment, or other object before it is made."

Now, drilling a hole through the handset into the base to mount a lamp socket would be altering the design. Chrome bands? Eye of the beholder, as in if painted pink, chromed or trimmed out handset or dial. Certainly not keeping with the "as produced" or "as shipped" original configuration but with chrome bands still within design specs of use.

Interesting word, design, or as designed, open to opinions and I'm sure there are more than of few.
            John . . .

Offline mazda_matt

• Oldphoneworks
  • Oldphoneworks
    • Oldphoneworks
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 05:09:23 PM »
MM...the Chrome Bands on the WE 302 is not altering the design?

True, not a feature WE had in mind, but I do side with Teleplay that it doesn't take away from the overall design of the phone itself. Like the addition of chrome parts on a Harley. ;)
oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Coupon Code - CRF10 (10% off)