Author Topic: the gray-corded duo  (Read 2357 times)

Offline AtomicEraTom

Re: the gray-corded duo
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 01:45:32 AM »
Both are georgous.  I've seen a few Mediterranean blues before, but never one that pops quite how that one does.  Just stunning, absolutely stunning.
I am a lineman for the county and I drive the main roads. Searchin' in the sun for another overload.  I hear you singin' in the wires, I can hear you through the whine, and the Witchita Lineman is still on the line.

Offline rp2813

• 10/50
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 09:57:22 PM »
They are both beautiful, but the blue being such a rare and unusual color is particularly so with its sparkling finish. 

I didn't realize that the grey handset cords were so big and clunky.  It appears the one on the blue set is a little more tightly coiled. 

Two shining examples of the more luxurious options available to the discriminating 1950's subscriber of means.
Ralph

bellsystemproperty

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 11:01:56 PM »
Wow, both are beautiful, but the blue 500 is stunning! I've never even seen that color before, but it is definitely nice and in amazing condition.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline finlover

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 09:05:13 PM »
Thanks for all your kind words, everyone!  The gray cords are pretty chunky!  I don't know if they're really fatter than late '50s colored cords or if the flat gray just makes them appear so.

Offline Jester

• FRED, my 10/55 Yellow 500
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 09:28:01 PM »
My impression is all these early coiled cords are the same size and even the early colored cords can be found with large diameter coils.  But, I have noticed that all the gray spring cords & any color cord made before mid '57 is much stiffer than cords from late '57 on.
Stephen