Author Topic: Just won this. Gray handset cord?  (Read 2652 times)

Offline AtomicEraTom

Re: Just won this. Gray handset cord?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 08:30:24 PM »
I will be leaving the label, heck I debate taking old Emergency stickers and things of the like off.  I will be looking into, and probably ordering that paint to fix the handset.  I like my phones to look new.
I am a lineman for the county and I drive the main roads. Searchin' in the sun for another overload.  I hear you singin' in the wires, I can hear you through the whine, and the Witchita Lineman is still on the line.

Offline bingster

• Contest Director
    • OTRplus Classic Radio
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 11:09:34 PM »
It might be less expensive to just take the handset down to the hardware and match the closest color.
= DARRIN =

Offline benhutcherson

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 12:27:24 AM »
Tom,

Looks like a great find, and at a great price, too. I think you did well on this one.

Most of phones I see with the "sold" sticker on the bottom have a much smaller sticker, that looks a lot like the black outlined area on the sticker of the bottom of your phone-something like this

I would guess that what you have is the complete page the stickers would have originally been printed on-i.e. they should have torn out the center square portion and just applied that. Instead, they peeled off the whole sheet and stuck it.

In any case, to me it's a very interesting piece of telephone history, and, if it my phone, I would definitely leave it. I always like the bonus of knowing that telephones I own are "legal."

Offline JimH

• 1940 Blue 302
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 12:40:12 AM »
I'm happy to keep my labels, too.  I don't want someone coming to the house like the "mattress detective", to see if I've ripped off the "Do not remove under penalty of law" sticker off my mattress, either! I don't want them near my phones!  :D
Jim H.

Offline JorgeAmely

• SC from 1973
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 12:59:33 AM »
This is an interesting label I found under a demo phone I bought two years ago. There was a pink set also, inside a special carrying case with some captions about it being a training set, but I regret to say that I only bought the aqua blue set.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 01:03:35 AM by JorgeAmely »
Jorge

Offline McHeath

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 06:49:35 PM »
Oh my God, whatever you do, DON'T INSTALL THAT PHONE!!!!!

It could blow the whole system.

Or maybe it is just set up to speed dial Panda Express. ;)

Offline JorgeAmely

• SC from 1973
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 07:05:08 PM »
Actually, I have connected to the phone line and it works very well. It has one of the smoothest, all digital, 7C dials I have ever seen. But this model does not have the Speed Dial feature McHeath mentions.
Jorge