Author Topic: My Protel Pay Phone with issues  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Sigmaz

• -Jon
Re: My Protel Pay Phone with issues
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2018, 08:24:02 PM »
Woo hoo!
Iím glad it worked out man!

Payphone_Installer gave me a brief trainer on how to use ExpressNet.
Most of the features you will not use. Itís the most robust and remarkable software and controller.
It really is a miniaturized central office in a box.

One good thing is that every screen has detailed help but terms and workflow may still take a little while to get.

Depending on what you plan on doing with your phone, I could probably help you get it configured thanks to my professional training session.
Lol

Offline protel8000

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2018, 08:44:44 PM »
Thank you! I've been playing with ExpressNet all evening, it's really powerful! I even created a rate band for the "new" toll free 833-844-855-866 numbers and made them free calls.

So Call Centric gives out free phone numbers (NY area codes) with unlimited free inbound calls, which I went and registered to my Obi 110 box. Now my phone has an actual dial-in number to use! Next step, get a low power PC and make a dedicated "server"

If anyone has a personal Protel phone that they'd like programmed a certain way (and it's compatible with ExpressNet) I'd be happy to try to set up a site record for you and let you dial in - I can't guarantee how well it'll work with my VoIP connection, but at 300 baud it seems to be working for me where the phone is dialing out via my "home" line (Obi200 adapter) via Google Voice, and then going out to the internet, and back into my network via my Call Centric inbound line (Obi110 adapter). So far, so good!

Also, is there a table of what the Phone Status Flags indicate? Maybe I'm just overlooking it in the documentation but I can't seem to find it.

Offline Sigmaz

• -Jon
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2018, 04:21:16 PM »
I'm glad you got it working well..
I think my Protel MODEM is to be delivered today.

I may ask you to test it out for me as there aren't that many remote people actively working on hobby protel phones at this moment.

Oh and BTW, I believe that all of the flags enable/disable are listed in the bottom of the options file section.

Offline protel8000

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2018, 09:36:13 PM »
Awesome! Yeah I'm happy to help you test it out.

Offline protel8000

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2018, 10:56:15 PM »
Oh and BTW, I believe that all of the flags enable/disable are listed in the bottom of the options file section.

Here's all of the flag codes from the reporting setup screen

Offline Sigmaz

• -Jon
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 11:39:18 PM »
Or they may be on the bottom of the reporting setup screen. Lol

Offline protel8000

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2018, 11:43:57 AM »
How's your Protel modem?

Offline Sigmaz

• -Jon
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2018, 12:22:35 PM »
How's your Protel modem?
Funny story... I haven't tried it yet.

Maybe tonight? I had some other projects on the bench but I think I have room now.
Check back with me after 5:30 EST.  ;D

Offline tallrick

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2018, 04:11:10 PM »
Taking on Expressnet myself tonight. Been offline due to mom's illness and a car accident. Hope to get my phones working soon too!

Offline Sigmaz

• -Jon
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2018, 01:27:01 PM »
My thoughts and prayers for your family man.

Hope you get the time to play telephone as well.
Let me know how it works out, I don't know much but if you need any help feel free to hit me up in a PM

Offline tallrick

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »
Thanks so much! I am taking this day to gather up all my computer junk and build a dedicated DOS computer for my payphones. Getting my outside payphones will help me with mom because she uses my phone system and it's paging extension to call me when assistance is needed.

Offline tallrick

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2018, 09:58:24 PM »
My goal was to build a 486DX computer with a hays isa modem, however I am surprised to see most of my old hardware has either been thrown out or has been lost. I do have a few IBM PS\2 machines but I have no MCA modems. Going to see if I have any more Hayes external modems. Why did I get tid of all that old computer junk?