Author Topic: Find of the Month - December 2017  (Read 168 times)

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
  • AE 2 - AECo's 1st Self Contained Desk Phone 1925
Find of the Month - December 2017
« on: December 01, 2017, 10:29:41 PM »
Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) where and/or how the item was found.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) the forum link to the topic discussing the find.
4) the eBay link if won there.
5) and other information of importance about the find.
6) one or two pictures of the item.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include limited multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:
          --> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:
          --> Photo Album <--

Terry

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
Re: Find of the Month - December 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:34:09 PM »
Let’s get this months Find of the Month started with Pourme’s new (or refurbished) AE 880 Speakerphone in the hard to find color of Gardenia White. Well, not all that hard to find in white but they are usually mistaken for ivory due to the typical discolouration of the white plastic.

Here is the CRPF discussion about Pourme’s Find:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19361.0

$50 plus $22 shipping on eBay.

Terry

Offline Fabius

• Porcelain Telephone Sign Collector
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 07:26:03 PM »
German Ivory Bakelite W49 Hagenuk Kiel Desk Telephone. Found on ebay. Seller had the make offer option. It was listed for $50, I offered $35, he countered $40 and I accepted. Plus postage. Excellent condition. There is a small crack on the nut of the finger wheel and a hairline crack on the number card frame. Nice Hagenuk Kiel sticker on the back.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:52:26 PM by Fabius »
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 11:39:37 PM »
I thought that said “Fuhrer” 112 on the fingerwheel but I misread it.

Nice phone!

Terry

Offline dsk

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 04:58:35 AM »
I guess my little lot of 3 telephones are the only ones I will get in December, and I know some people loves the Cobra telephones

so I hereby nominate my lot: https://goo.gl/KWNQi9
about $ 48 for the 3 of them just picked up not far from home is a pretty good deal here.

The intercoms are not to common, and the green Cobra works like charm, I have cleaned it and adjusted the dial to 10.5 pps. And whats not so common for cobras; the sound is strong and clear! It buzz on incoming calls.

dsk
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:11:40 AM by dsk »
Please notify me of dead links in my postings.

C*NET +1 999-3011

I have even got a regular New York number :-) 646 570 1796