Author Topic: My Protel Pay Phone with issues  (Read 4485 times)

Offline Protel8000

Re: My Protel Pay Phone with issues
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2018, 04:28:55 PM »
So for what it' worth, instead of my usual 8000 board, I am currently trying to program a 7000 board and am having similar issues. I wonder if the 7000's require the actual Protel modem where the 8000's did not?

Offline Payphone installer

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2018, 11:36:33 AM »
2000 board is the most forgiving on the programing with a modem. But I have found just getting the protel modem solves all the problems.

Offline coinop

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2018, 12:28:10 PM »
Hi,
new here, and I'm hoping you guys can help me in the right direction.
I have a couple of 7000s I need to program, but can't seem to get connected. I'm using a DOS setup (booting with Sigmaz's) with an external Zoom 2949L modem via serial.
Are there specifc Init strings or dial/answer strings that need to be configured? I've tried 'Other' modem in xpressnet but I'm always disconnected the moment the status says I'm connected at 1200bps. When I'm dialing/polling into the phone from the PC, I get a 'status string checksum bad' error as soon as a connection looks like its solid but drops a second later.

When using *#3 from the phone outbound to the PC, I don't get a connection at all and just get a 'Time-out on carrier detect' error.

the Protel is behind a callcentric line, and the PC is connected on the houseline.   

any help is much appreciated!

Offline Protel8000

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2018, 04:53:09 PM »
So it's going over VoIP with callcentric? I tried a lot of ways to get the connection to work over VoIP and just can't get it reliable enough. Do you have two landlines, or something that can stimulate them to createa connection that way? Also, I didn't have luck getting a 7000 board to work with a non Protel modem. 8000 worked though

Offline coinop

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2018, 12:42:11 AM »
yes, I tried two landlines before going through callcentric on one end; but same problem.

Right now the phone is on the callcentric VoIP line. I have another, separate landline that I connect the PC/modem to to call into the phone.

I've tried both directions, calling into the phone and calling out from the modem. *#3 outbound to the PC fails altogether as nothing can be established. But polling to the phone connects at 300 and 1200 (config'd for both speeds during tests) but it still immediately disconnects. The latest error I got after fiddling around with the AT strings is  'Sync char not detected'. So it looks like the phone is having trouble sending a signal the moment it's established a connection. Could be the 7000 is more finicky with newer modems.

I've tried it on a slower 28.8 Cardinal modem, but no luck either. 

Hoping there's some hidden string or something that could get us connected. Programming this manually by the dialpad is going to be a pita. :(