Author Topic: “For Sale” by AE_Collector  (Read 1733 times)

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
  • AE 2 - AECo's 1st Self Contained Desk Phone 1925
“For Sale” by AE_Collector
« on: January 03, 2018, 08:59:28 PM »
I really need to get to work at finding new homes a bunch of stuff around here. I hope to keep adding items here as I come upon them (and decide that Life will go on without them).

I will move SOLD items to the “SOLD Items by AE_Collector” topic on the “Old For Sale Items” Board once they have left me for a better life elsewhere.

Sold Items by AE_Collector:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19626.0

I am in Greater Vancouver Canada and I can ship from here but we have a cabin at Point Roberts WA 98281 where I can ship US bound items from keeping the shipping as reasonable as possible.

PM me or email Terry.Biddlecombe@Gmail.com if interested in anything posted here.

Terry (AE_Collector)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:05:08 PM by AE_Collector »

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
Re: “For Sale” by AE_Collector
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 09:00:11 PM »
Early Soft Plastic AE 80 in Camellia Pink

Soft plastic though it has very little smell.
No centre hole in the Transmitter or Receiver caps.
Type 81 handset with old style receiver capsules and connections.
Manually compensated.
Early encapsulated AE Network.
Odd shaped rubber feet and of course some discolouration to the metal base around them.
The Pink plastics have lightened as it almost always does in early pink plastic phones.
Fat early 3 conductor handset coil cord which is also lightened heading towards white.
Chrome plungers.
What I call a Hollow AE fingerwheel, solid plastic FW goes over the number card.
SL Straight Line Ringer
This phone is likely from 1958-1960.

Doesn’t have a base cord with it and I have been unable to find a spare pink one. The one seen in pictures is light beige which isn’t a perfect match though not too far off. Can maybe be dyed?

It has these odd blisters (last picture) on one side that I am certain were caused by the coil cord touching the side there while it was in storage. Something leaching out of the cord affected the plastic a little. I have no idea what it will take to remove that.

US $60 $50 plus actual shipping from Vancouver Canada or Washington State 98281.

PM me or email Terry.Biddlecombe@Gmail.com if interested.

Terry
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:21:52 AM by AE_Collector »

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 04:26:16 PM »
Coin Vault Locks each with One Key for AE Single Slot Payphones

These will fit the AE/Quadrum Style Single Slot Housings that other manufacturers built their payphones on such as Protel. I am not 100% certain beyond that. They have locations for 6 self contained bolts and will come with 4 to 5 of them, some have gone missing.

Lock goes in the side of the phone and locks to a lever on the vault door allowing a T Key to remove the vault door once this lock is unlocked. These can be used to replace your drilled out or missing vault locks.

US $20 shipped within USA for first one, $15 each additional item from Washington State 98281. I will have to investigate the shipping cost within Canada from Vancouver.

I have more than just the four pictured here.

Terry
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:48:03 AM by AE_Collector »

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 11:36:45 PM »
Portable Broadcast Communications Phone

This is made by Northern Electric in the 1960’s. Our Network Operations Centre used them for something at remote broadcast sites likely TV programs that were being sent up to the microwave system for distribution to other parts of Canada and/or the USA. Likely for behind the scenes communications ensuring that everything was going properly.

It is NOT a POTS phone so not likely going to work if hooked across a line though I can’t say that for certain and if someone starts rewiringbthings inside...maybe. I am posting it here just in case someone worked with them or has to have it for whatever reason. It is surplus to my needs.

US $50 plus actual shipping cost from Washington State 98281 or from Vancouver to Canadian destinations. It might fit in a large Flat Rate box.

Terry
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:40:40 PM by AE_Collector »

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 12:55:18 AM »
Amphenol Plug Installation Block, Bit & Dracon Impact Tool

The block holds the metal type "Amphenol" plugs (male or female) and shows the position to punch down each conductor of the 25 pair telephone cable.  $15

The “Amphenol Bit” fits into the yellow & black Dracon Impact Tool (replacing the 66 bit that is shown in the tool) turning it into a tool to punch the wires into the plug. Note I have less of these than the other two parts so I won't sell the bit only without at least the block.  $15

The Dracon Impact Tool comes with a 66 bit which is used to terminate wire on 66 blocks.  $20

If you already have the Dracon Impact Tool you don't need another one. Just get the parts you need to install Amphenol Plugs.

This Set up works ONLY with the Metal Punch Down type Amphenol Brand Plugs, both Male and Female. Amphenol Plugs are for solid 24 gauge (I’ve done 22 gauge as well) conductors. One is shown in the tool but is not included. I might have a small number of Plugs around here though not large quantities. Ask me about plugs if you just need a small quantity.

If anyone knows of a source for the plugs please let me know.

Shipping for one of each within the USA should fit in a Small Priority Mail Box or envelope.

Discussed in the Tools section of CRPF:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8526.0

Terry
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:41:11 PM by AE_Collector »

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 12:59:18 AM »
Antique Nicopress 31-DJ Tool

Does anyone collect very old Telephone related Tools? I had a Nicopress crimping tool years ago for putting Nicopress sleeves onto 19 gauge steel drop wire to splice two pieces together. But, I’ve never seen one this size before, I’m guessing it was for splicing two different gauges of Open Wire. It is about one foot long.

It says “Nicopress Tool” on one arm and “The National Telephone Supply Co. Cleveland Ohio” on the other Arm. On the jaws it says 31-DJ Tool and the two Crimping Die holes are labelled J (large) and D (small).

US $10 plus actual shipping. I think it will fit into a $6.70 Flat Rate Envelope within the USA.

Terry
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 08:14:22 PM by AE_Collector »

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 04:15:37 PM »
Sand Beige AE 80

it is only a Sand Beige AE80 and most phones I pull out of storage like this go to a local antique store or I put them on FB Marketplace. However, if I find a particularly nice phone I will put it here just in case a Collector is looking for one....even if it is a colour that isn’t on the top of anyone’s wanted list.

This one has no repainted parts (our shops repainted a lot of phones) and it is in particularly nice condition. It is from August 1975 and may have been refurbished through our shops with new plastic parts. But then again, 1975 was right about when 80’s were discontinued and 80E’s took over. So, maybe it just saw limited use.

The Sand Beige Coil Cord and Base Cord look like new.

It has a Straight Line Ringer.

The rubber or neoprene feet are soft like they are new. Most of the feet on older AE 80’s have rock hard feet on them now.

I gave it a quick test and all seems to work properly.

US $30 plus actual cost shipping from Vancouver Canada or Washington State 98281.

Terry
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:44:08 PM by AE_Collector »

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 12:09:18 AM »
NECo 6 Conductor Spade Tip Set Cord in “Chameleon Gray”

Are 5 or 6 conductor spade tip base cords hard to find? I have several of these in Northern’s Chameleon Gray which is sort of a Gray/ivory colour that was big for business phones from Northern in the 80’s.

I’ve pictured one below, it is on the far right after a white cord on the left and an Ivory Cord in the middle so that you see what the colour is like. The ones I have available are Chameleon Gray like the cord on the right. These are 6 or 7 feet long and originally came off brand new SL1 digital phones when they were wedge shaped similar to Northerns Logic series of 1A2 phones.

US $5 plus actual cost shipping from Vancouver Canada or Washington State 98281. Should still be able to mail these First Class within Canada and the USA. I have lots of other cords if there is anything in particular you are looking for.

Terry
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 10:41:10 PM by AE_Collector »

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 08:15:46 PM »
All items in this topic are still Available and For Sale.

Terry