"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello, Hello!

Started by Vacuumlad1650, January 10, 2018, 12:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vacuumlad1650

Hi Folks!
Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but I'm new here! Please bear with my *Attempts* to use this website...I can only spin the Dial so fast...

Anyways, I'm fairly new to collecting. I've loved vintage telephones my whole life. I began truly collecting about a year ago. Presently, I have several WE 500's, a WE 302, WE Space Saver, WE 354 and 554, as well as 2500/2554 Telephones.

My (Maternal) Grandfather is retired from 40+ years at Illinois Bell, so I know a thing or two about the Bell days (They ceased to exist long before i was born), but i am in NO ways an Expert on Phones.

I also collect, service, and repair other vintage appliances. My primary interests are vintage Vacuum Cleaners and Telephones, so if you should need assistance with an older vacuum, please give me a shout.

As soon as I find my Digital Camera, i will post some pictures of my Telephones. i have somewhere around 30 at the moment.

Warm Regards,
Andy Rousonelos
Andy R...

Vacuumlad1650@gmail.com

My grandfather spent 40+ years at Illinois Bell. Thanks to him, I'm a nut for real telephones! Another breed of Phone Phreak... D. Lipp, 1938-2018

oldguy

Welcome Andy, I think you will enjoy it here.
Gary

twocvbloke

Quote from: Vacuumlad1650 on January 10, 2018, 12:17:57 AMMy primary interests are vintage Vacuum Cleaners and Telephones, so if you should need assistance with an older vacuum, please give me a shout.

They do seem to go together, I have a fair collection of vacuums myself, though haven't done anything with acquiring more for a few years... :)

RotarDad

Hi Andy - There is an "Off Topic" section on this forum with a child board that includes vacuum  cleaners.  Pick a few of your favorites, post some pics, and tell us a bit about them!  Vintage vacuums have some things in common with vintage phones - they are everyday appliances designed for an extended service life, and many survive today for that very reason.  Some friends of ours picked up a nice 50's vacuum at an estate sale some years ago.  It was a horizontal cylinder canister with some chrome, and it looked very cool.  Can't remember - Hoover or Eureka????  You know, I'm sure....  Welcome!
Paul

Welcome to CRPF.

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke