Author Topic: Bad Ebay Buyers (and Sellers)  (Read 6933 times)

Offline WEBellSystemChristian

• Grandpa's 1955 Western Electric 500
Re: Bad Ebay Buyers (and Sellers)
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2018, 04:27:18 PM »
My family has dealt with similarly annoying buyers on ebay.

We once had a small ornate wooden box that we listed in an auction. There were 12 very detailed pictures of the box's condition, and we even had "no cracks or damage of any kind" in the description. A buyer claiming to be a woodworker bought it, and even sent a message about how happy he was with the condition of the item.

We sent it, and a day after it was marked as delivered, he demanded his money back, saying that the box had several splits that we didn't mention. We had every possible angle shown in the high-quality pictures, and asked him to show us where the damage was. He never responded, never gave any feedback, and never demanded money again after that!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Offline poplar1

• 1051-AL
Re: Bad Ebay Buyers (and Sellers)
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2018, 04:53:07 PM »
Before the close of the auction he asked about damage to the mouthpiece - I informed him the MP was chipped and please look at the pictures.  Picture of the chip below.  He ended up buying the candlestick, and now wants to return it because the MP has a chip in it.  duh.  Round trip postage to this guy will cost me almost $50.  Just trying to save someone here some heartache - block him now.

I couldn't find the original listing (???). However, I believe your listings offer a 14-day return, but "buyer pays return shipping." Since there was full disclosure of the damaged mouthpiece, then why would you be responsible for paying for shipping both ways? (I'm not even sure the seller should pay for shipping either to or from in a case f buyer's remorse.)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.