News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Thining the collection

Started by Babybearjs, June 25, 2018, 06:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well..... for those who love phones..... I donated 3 milk crates of phones to the Reuseum electronics surplus store here in Boise. got rid of my princess phones, my old AE 87's and the ITT 576 3 line phones. I've got 2 more crates of phones to donate... thanks to the market being glutted with phones.... can't sell them online.... no takers.   I'm pretty much out of the phone restoration market.... the phones are just collecting dust and I'm only keeping some of the 300 and 400 series phones, along with some design line phones.... I'm going through my collection and getting rid of some of the newer phones.... mostly duplicates of what I already have, trying to keep only 1 in rotary and 1 in touchtone in every color available. All of the phones are multiline and  I'm keeping the 551C KSU and might wind up donating the other KSU I have. I'm even getting rid of a lot of computer parts... old IDE HD's and stuff like that.... I pretty much have stopped recycling computers and will only do it if someone wants a tower....  its frustrating to see this happening but there is no reason to keep some of this stuff when you need the room for other stuff.... I hate technology this way.... because it creates a glut in the market for used and surplus stuff, Telephones or otherwise....   so.....if you are in the Boise area and am looking for some phones....they are now at the REUSEUM..... www.reuseum.com   
John

Zombie Dave

Sorry to hear that. I'm just getting started collecting phones so it's nice on my end to have a lot to choose from. I haven't gotten into the push button yet and hopefully won't. I tend to like the dialing part. lol

Greg G.

Quote from: Babybearjs on June 25, 2018, 06:51:52 PM
well..... for those who love phones..... I donated 3 milk crates of phones to the Reuseum electronics surplus store here in Boise. ... thanks to the market being glutted with phones.... can't sell them online.... no takers.   I'm pretty much out of the phone restoration market.... the phones are just collecting dust ...  its frustrating to see this happening but there is no reason to keep some of this stuff when you need the room for other stuff...

Sounds a lot like me, except that I don't have room for other stuff, just want the room (so does my wife).  My collection had some nice pieces - in boxes - for years.  My recent purge reduced the plain brown boxes with phones in them by half.  They went to better homes.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

sallenabq

I am trying to get enough rotary and push button phones together for an exhibit at a small museum, Harvey House in Belen, NM.  They don't need to work or even have all the inards.  I just want for kids and younger parents to see and experience rotary.  I have 3 phones that I can use for the hands on dialing, just need stuff to make the exhibit interesting and visually pleasing.  I would pay postage.  And it would be wonderful if anyone had actual phone bills with long distance charges or a copy.  The long distance rates were so complicated.  Thanks.

https://www.harveyhousemuseum.org/