Author Topic: Help with AE 50(?)  (Read 723 times)

Offline AT2796

Re: Help with AE 50(?)
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 12:17:55 AM »
Thanks Everybody for your help and replies!
After disassembly and cleaning, and reassembly I noticed the arm opposite the shunt cam arm (I got that from the diagram I linked to above), the arm that closes the the dial contacts was bent. I gently tweaked it back to 90 degrees and now it ANI's clear as a bell! Transmit, receive, dial and ring, life is good!
Now...The dial returns slowly but that's okay something to trouble shoot in the near future. It has been a long couple of weeks, after some good sleep I'll decide whether to disassemble the dial again to see where I am binding or troubleshoot the transmitter problem in my 302...Decisions, decisions...
I would blame you guys but the truth is that my manager is a very sick man, his office is a telephone and phone signage/memorabilia museum with a couple of work items in it so he gets the blame for planting the seed. I'll just blame you guys for watering it.

I will post another pic of the dial after cleaning, looks much better now, more like the one in Stub's photos. Whether it worked or not it deserved the cleaning, the contacts and insulators were all wet with oil/grease.

Thanks again for your help!

Andy
Andy

Offline AT2796

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2018, 12:24:49 AM »
Clean dial.
Andy

Offline stub

• AE Type 14 A
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 10:46:44 AM »