Author Topic: Forum Monikers/Handles/Names  (Read 17202 times)

Offline Pourme

• Benny
Re: Forum Monikers/Handles/Names
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2017, 08:33:24 AM »
In the summer of 2009 I'm sitting poolside on a very warm day enjoying a very cold adult beverage trying to think of a better name for a Twitter account I had opened earlier that year that I had yet to use, other than lurking around the Twitterverse, out of curiosity.

XM radio was blasting country music, this song came on...

http://tinyurl.com/l2pq4na

Immediately, my new Twitter name was born!

Pourme is my online name everywhere it is available when I enroll, except EBAY which predates my Twitter account.

On this forum, like others I feel comfortable revealing my given name as well. My Twitter experience has developed as well and my real name is commonly used in conversations.   

(My wife's Twitter name is PourmeMaw, my sister's is Poursis, I have a fictional Teddy Bear Twitter character named (@)PourTed.)

Benny "Pourme" Fry

*pic, PourTed poolside...
The Internet is a telephone system that's gotten uppity

Offline 19and41

« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2017, 09:03:24 AM »
That is the nicest looking K-F I have seen and that boat and motor are great as well.  Wisconsin is beautiful country.  I got to spend a spring up there at Ft. McCoy on temporary duty while serving in the 1st. Infantry Division.  Thanks for sharing the great pictures!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

Offline jsowers

« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2017, 10:37:02 AM »
Yes, I agree about the blue 1954 Kaiser Manhattan. It's gorgeous and something not often seen around these parts. I don't remember any Kaisers growing up and I'm eleven years older than K-F67. I do remember my dad saying my English teacher's husband owned one, and dad said "he drove a KAISER" like it was something special. Those cars were unique even when new. I particularly like how yours is bone stock too. I prefer my cars and my phones original. I've been called a purist and I guess it's true and I couldn't change if I wanted to. Seeing that Kaiser does my heart good, as they say. Thanks for posting the picture. The boat looks great too and especially behind the car. The taillights of that car are its best feature.
Jonathan

Offline retromodder

« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2017, 03:17:44 PM »
I worry over internet security, as ive had my identity stolen in the past. So I never put down any valuable info online.

I love restorations, whether im working on a classic car, vintage tv, amplifier, radio, or a wood working project. I love to bring life back to old machines.  When something cant be restored, I enjoy modernizing it, or retro modding as its known. Thus I end up with things like early 50s tv sets with high def crt internals,  mid 50s style tube radio internals in 1920s radio cases, etc.  So basically if it cant be restored by me, i WILL be playing with it and modding it.

BTW, KaiserFrazer, thats a beautiful car. Thanks for posting. So few people have a love for these oddballs, i appreciate when i see someone whos into them.

Offline KaiserFrazer67

• Our Telco & Phones
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2017, 05:56:15 PM »
That is the nicest looking K-F I have seen and that boat and motor are great as well.  Wisconsin is beautiful country.  I got to spend a spring up there at Ft. McCoy on temporary duty while serving in the 1st. Infantry Division.  Thanks for sharing the great pictures!
Yes, I agree about the blue 1954 Kaiser Manhattan. It's gorgeous and something not often seen around these parts. I don't remember any Kaisers growing up and I'm eleven years older than K-F67. I do remember my dad saying my English teacher's husband owned one, and dad said "he drove a KAISER" like it was something special. Those cars were unique even when new. I particularly like how yours is bone stock too. I prefer my cars and my phones original. I've been called a purist and I guess it's true and I couldn't change if I wanted to. Seeing that Kaiser does my heart good, as they say. Thanks for posting the picture. The boat looks great too and especially behind the car. The taillights of that car are its best feature.
BTW, KaiserFrazer, thats a beautiful car. Thanks for posting. So few people have a love for these oddballs, i appreciate when i see someone whos into them.
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words!  :)  8)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 06:04:42 PM by KaiserFrazer67 »
-Tom from Oakfield, Wisconsin --  My CO CLLI & switch: OKFDWIXADS0--GTD-5 EAX

"Problems are merely opportunities in workclothes." -Henry J. Kaiser