Author Topic: TSG Gemini System II 4032E1 smartboard - Help Needed  (Read 337 times)

Offline bfpjpth

TSG Gemini System II 4032E1 smartboard - Help Needed
« on: January 20, 2019, 08:19:50 PM »
I have a single slot 1D2 type payphone that came from Worcester, Massachusetts. I know the payphone was installed on March 11, 1998 and the phone number was (508) 485-3046. I believe that this phone is an original NYNEX phone. It does have a stainless steel Bell Atlantic logo vault door and the upper and lower information cards are Verizon. I found a NYNEX coin station routine record card inside the phone. The last record is dated 8/31/09 and the trouble reported is NACT and the work done was replace battery and reprogram.
  The main board is a TSG Inc. Gemini System II 4032E1. The board has a 3.6 volt  AA type lithium battery which is dead. I'll assume because of the dead battery the programming has been lost. The board has a red new installation button and 8 dip switches which can be set to on or off. Provided I replace the battery I'll assume the board can be programmed. Can this board be programmed at the payphone or does it need to call into a modem and download the programming ?  I just want to use the payphone in my house as a regular phone to dial out and to receive incoming calls. Can anyone offer any advice or help ? I think TSG is out of business and I haven't been able to find much info on the internet. Thanks
 ?

Offline Payphone installer

Re: TSG Gemini System II 4032E1 smartboard - Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 09:06:59 PM »
There are probably two batteries,one on the back that is lithium and a second on the front for the relay. Both probably need replaced. There is no know software that I am aware of. But if you replace the battery's it may fire up in default. It would be much easier to replace it with a protel.

Offline bfpjpth

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 10:37:51 AM »
Hi,
     This is Dennis in Manchester, Maryland,- the Verizon retiree who is getting hooked on payphones. Thanks for the info on the TSG board. I wasn't aware there is a battery on the back that I'll have to check out. If I can't get the TSG board to work I'll probably throw in a Western Electric 32 type dumb board and use it that way. They work good for me since I only use the payphones as extensions. Not sure if I'll need to change out the keypad. I've got a few 32 type dumb boards on hand. Would you have any or know of someone who has and wants to sell them ? Did you by chance find any payphone enclosures like we talked about that you might want to sell ? I recently bought two Verizon 18 X 18 payphone signs for my collection. The one sign is new and still has the plastic protection film on it. I now have two of the Bell Atlantic vault doors, but still looking for that NOS one. Thanks
                                                                                                        Dennis

Offline Key2871

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:37:36 PM »
Hi Dennis, good to have you here! The other guy Jim, who responded to your questions is a longtime payphone guy, hence his user name. But I'll let him tell you.
If anyone has parts for sale on the forum posts them in the for sale section.
I for one look forward to seeing your input on payphones, and other things such as experience with different telephone things you have encountered..

Ken
KEN

Offline HarrySmith

• 1937 302
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 12:54:50 PM »
Hi Dennis!
Welcome ;D
I also look forward to you sharing your expeirence & knowledge with us. I am currently working on my first payphone. A lot to learn! Also <<WE LOVE PICTURES>>
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"