Author Topic: Vintage Computer Festival Midwest 14- Will have telephone displays this year-  (Read 190 times)

Offline phr34k5h0w

Come out to Vintage Computer Festival Midwest September 14th and 15th 2019. A number of us will have a working phone displays at the event. Phone stuff is welcome.

In Elmhurst IL

Heres the event page

http://vcfmw.org/

Offline Key2871

That actually sounds like a blast. Unfortunately I'm too far away.. Though I've been to Elmhurst.
Hope the turn out is really good for you folks.
KEN

Online Jim Stettler

• Global Moderator
TCI is having a telephone  show in Mattoon IL, on  September 13, 14 2019.
https://www.telephonecollectors.org/shows/2019/Mattoon/index.htm
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Offline andre_janew

My first computer didn't have a screen, but used a black and white TV as its screen.  It was a Timex 2K computer.  I mention it as an example of a vintage computer.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it.

Offline twocvbloke

• W.E. 500 DM
That Timex was probably one of the Timex-Sinclair computers, and if it was 2K of RAM, it was most likely the Timex-Sinclair 1000, which was an NTSC version of the Sinclair ZX81...  :)

Offline oldguy

My 1st computer was an Apple 2E. 2 5 1/4 disc drives, 1 for the program & 1 for memory. But with my typing skills it was amazing. Unlike a typewriter you just back spaced to make a correction.
Gary

Offline Key2871

Mine as well, old guy. It was given to me to play around with and get the hang of using keyboards, and the like.
KEN

Offline compubit

The first computer I owned was an IBM PS/2 Model 50 (80286, 1MB RAM, 1.44 MB floppy, 20 MB hard drive, VGA) as a junior in college. prior to that, I used various TRS-80 and Apple II machine through my high school.

J
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!