Author Topic: Japanned Finish anyone?  (Read 343 times)

Offline 19and41

Re: Japanned Finish anyone?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 01:18:11 PM »
I worked at Plant #13 in Anaheim, Ca. The plant opened in 1952. Shut down around 2006.

D/P

My father met my mother working at the Anderson, Indiana plant.  They married the year your plant opened.  I was there as they demolished the battery plant while the facilities were shrinking.  My aunt and cousin worked there as well.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Dan/Panther

• Global Moderator
  • Kaw-Liga, I will NEVER forget you. 8/4/98--9/20/10
Re: Japanned Finish anyone?
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 12:52:36 PM »

In 1996, I made Job related trip to the U.T.E. Facility in Indianapolis to evaluate some new equipment. While there we made a Trip to the Andersen plant. It was only like 15 miles. We got to visit the Circle Center Mall, and Take a ride around the Speedway. Also got a glimpse of the NEW electric car EV-1, even got video of it. They were offloading it from a covered trailer.
Earlier that year we made a trip to Ohio, Dayton''s Truck and Bus plant, While there we got a tornado alert, and had to go into the storm shelter below the plant.
A real strange story about the Dayton plant. We took a tour of the Blazer assembly line, and I was admiring a NEW 1996 Black Blazer. In 1998 my Mom purchased a used Blazer, it was Black. To this day I wonder is it possible I saw that very Blazer being assembled ? If I would have had ANY idea of that, I would have looked for a marker to recall.

D/P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:59:43 PM by Dan/Panther »

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson