News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

GE Vintage Electric Iron

Started by dogland, April 13, 2020, 06:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogland

I just won a vintage GE F63 electric clothes iron that is new old stock (box never opened, see photo attached). I would like to get an idea of what year it was made. It hasn't arrived yet, but I did call General Electric, and they don't seem to provide this information for small appliances. Does anyone have an idea on the year of manufacture? Just curious to know. Thank you.

LarryInMichigan

Note that General Electric has not made any small appliances for a number of years, and they sold their major appliance division to a Chinese company a few years ago.  This iron box has a 1970s look to it.  I noticed an offerup.com listing in the Chicago area for one of these, and the listing puts the date at 1980.

Larry

zenithchromacolor

If you are planning on opening it, there may be a printing date on the instruction booklet or a registration card. Sometimes there is also a date on the internal flaps of the box.

tubaman

You can't open it - it can only be 'box never opened' once! ;D
Oh, and it looks '60s to me.
:)

Dan F

I agree, around early to late 50's to mid 60's.

Also it's not the same General Electric as it was then. GE sold their appliance division sometime a long time ago.

captroosh

Looks like one my Mom had when I was a kid so yeah 1950's or 60's. It was a good product that we had for many years.
Capt. Roosh.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.