News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I missed it by $1.00!

Started by Babybearjs, June 13, 2020, 04:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

>:( so frustrating when you accidently sign in to EBAY with your google account.... thinking you are actually signed in to your original account and find out you are not.... then come across an auction of something you've been looking for and there are only 9 minutes left in the auction.... you go to bid, and see the wrong account info..... have to sign out, delete the wrong account and then sign back in using your right account.... try to find the auction.... find it... put in your bid....and lose the auction by $1.00!
... oh well, better luck next time....   BTW, the auction was for a BLUE (-62) 564/65 and the winning bid was for $51.00! I should have gone for my max of $100.00! (only to be outbid, probibly!!!) so, did any of you win this phone?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BELL-SYSTEM-WESTERN-ELECTRIC-VINTAGE-PHONE-565HK-KEY-PHONE-/203013868582
( dead link 04-11-22 )
John

Key2871

I saw that one, figured it would be expensive, but I guess 1A2 is getting less all the time.
But that would have been a nice set to have.
But was that just your max bid that raied the price..
Because long time ago some would put such a high price on things no matter what I still lost.
KEN

Dan/Panther

If it's any consolation, that one dollar higher bid, is what eBay adds to the previous bid. The actual bid the person entered may be $20.00 higher, but they only take one dollar more that the next bidder.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Key2871

Right, that's why I was trying to get at.
Do they call that proxi bidding.. I can't remember.
KEN

Babybearjs

the frustrating part about it is that my bid went in, in the last 7 seconds of the auction.... so frustrating!!
John

Key2871

Keep in mind that Dan brought up a good point.
If the bidder placed a much higher bid than you did and yours didn't out bid the previous that buyer would have still got it over your bid.
KEN

Babybearjs

yeh, and That is how it seems to go.... but..... look what I scored instead.... I found it by accident..... I could have just bid on it, but the seller had the buy it now option available, so I grabbed it! less then $50!
John