"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found - Wanted: Original LONG, RED Handset Coiled Cord for AE90

Started by KaiserFrazer67, July 01, 2020, 12:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaiserFrazer67

Hi, everyone,
Looking for anyone who has an ORIGINAL RED, LONG coiled handset cord for an Automatic Electric Type 90 wall phone.  I know they came in pretty long lengths so it would stretch across a room; anywhere from 12 to 25 feet.  I'm redoing an AE90 in red; I have all NOS original Garnet Red plastic for one, but it has just the standard short handset cord, and this will be going in my renovated kitchen.

To show an example, I've enclosed a photo of my other AE90 which is the original phone (with NOS plastic) that was in our kitchen since we bought our house in 1968.  My Mom ordered the extra-long cord on this one, so I know cords have to be floating around out there.  (This is NOT the phone of which I am switching out the plastic; the phone in question is a working phone with a straight-line ringer I picked up off of eBay with damaged and faded plastic.)

If anyone has an original long, red AE90 handset cord they'd like to part with, please PM me with the price.  It does not have to be NOS as long as it's in good condition.
I have looked on eBay and the Old Phone Works sites (for some reason the Old Phone Shop site out of Milwaukee isn't working), but to no avail.

Thanks very much,
-Tom from Oakfield, Wisconsin-
-Tom from Oakfield, Wisconsin --  My CO CLLI & switch: OKFDWIXADS0--GTD-5 EAX

"Problems are merely opportunities in workclothes." -Henry J. Kaiser