Author Topic: F1 handsets?  (Read 305 times)

Offline AT2796

F1 handsets?
« on: August 02, 2020, 01:33:09 PM »
Good morning everybody!

While still working on my 354, I stumbled upon a question for you all.
The F1 handset that came with the phone is different than the one I bought from OPW.
The difference being that the original has extra screws in the transmitter cavity. One to hold the contact and one to terminate the wire. As opposed to the second one that has only one screw to hold the contact and terminate the wire.
Also note the difference in receiver contacts shapes.

Iím guessing that one is early and one is late, for cost reasons, but would still like to hear what you all have to say.

Thanks!
Andy

Offline AT2796

Re: F1 handsets?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 01:37:13 PM »
Also...
The receiver cap on the OPW handset, the groove is not continuous around the entire circumference where as the original is.
No pics of that yet, but I reckon you have all seen it before.
Andy

Offline Doug Rose

• Blondie & the Kid of Phone
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 02:17:24 PM »
earlier F1s had the extra screw for the termination of the black handset wire. If you are looking for caps for F1s, ask....I have boxes of them. OPW is not the collectors friend.....Doug
Kidphone

Offline Duffy

• Duffy
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »
OPW is not the collectors friend.....

I will disagree with that. I have dealt with them many times and have always been treated like family.

CDN Doug

Offline paul-f

• Old Telephones as Entertainment!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 05:45:50 PM »
Iím guessing that one is early and one is late, for cost reasons, but would still like to hear what you all have to say.

Check the two charts on this page. The second has terminal variations made during production.

http://www.paul-f.com/we300typ.htm#Fhandsets
Visit: paul-f.com         WE 500  Design_Line

Offline AT2796

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 04:15:10 PM »
earlier F1s had the extra screw for the termination of the black handset wire. If you are looking for caps for F1s, ask....I have boxes of them. OPW is not the collectors friend.....Doug

Thanks Doug! Iíll keep you in mind.
I will disagree with that. I have dealt with them many times and have always been treated like family.

CDN Doug

And Iíll agree to that. They were good enough to dig out a couple of Ď49 elements, even though the handset was not top shelf. But what the heck, it was only $13.

Check the two charts on this page. The second has terminal variations made during production.

http://www.paul-f.com/we300typ.htm#Fhandsets

Thanks Paul! Thatís what I was thinking. BTW, cool site. I enjoy browsing through.
Andy

Offline mazda_matt

• Oldphoneworks
  • Oldphoneworks
    • Oldphoneworks
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 03:26:46 PM »

Doug... May I ask why you think "OPW is not the collectors friend"?

Thanks,
Mazda Matt

oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Coupon Code - CRF10 (10% off)