News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

May a Retro telephone ever be a real collectors Item?

Started by dsk, December 03, 2020, 05:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

In Norway the "Televerket" introduced the "Tastafon Telemark" in 1984  an 85. This is a designer piece made by Krogenes furniture and so that you could only put in the standard printed circuit from the Tastafon.

Some info here: https://www.catawiki.com/l/20580179-tastafon-model-telemark-norway-only-produced-in-1000-copies
And I found an ad today priced to the extreme cost of NOK 1500 
https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=168553593
I guess I got mine to a lo cost NOK 150   mail NOK 200  :)   It just arrived, pictures under   ;)

The picture from below shows the loudspeaker grid, it does not have a traditional ringer but an electronic sound.  The handset is a std handset but the plastic shield is replaced by on in pine.

dsk

countryman

That one resides definitely on the nicer coast of the sea of retro/decorator/designer phones.
1500 NOK would convert to 170 USD or 140 EUR, so yes that's high but not extraordinary high, considering this one shows a certain degree of workmanship. A collector with some market knowledge wouldn't buy it for that price though as long as better offers are available.
So congrats for your purchase. With it's coherent Norwegian background it sure is collectible, especially in a Norwegian collection.

Owain

It's of its time and place ... probably made in fairly small quantities, and worth keeping.

I wouldn't have it on show in the lounge though. :)

dsk

For a long time, I did not eve want to have one, but the low cost and that it has a kind of history made it OK to have. It is so typical retro of the 80'ies.
I took this picture from another ad, and fits...  ;D

MMikeJBenN27

It looks very nice, but it probably won't be a true collector's item for about 25 more years.  But if you like it, who cares?