Author Topic: Looking for wooden phone I.D  (Read 1215 times)

Offline oldnorth

Re: Looking for wooden phone I.D
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2020, 06:31:25 AM »
WDS, Thanks for your help. It's great to know those parts are all WTMC.

magicbrain, Thanks for the fact sheet. It looks almost exactly like the "Western Pioneer" model except my cabinet has a curved top and the one in the picture looks squared.

Doug Rose, That's interesting to hear about the transmitter plate. I got home from work late last night and have to run back in now, so I can't take a picture at the moment. If I get home when there's still light I will take a picture and post it up. If not I'll post one up on Saturday.

Everybody, I really appreciate all the help!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 06:36:36 AM by oldnorth »

Offline oldnorth

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2020, 11:14:49 AM »
Here are the requested pics. Any idea on the year of manufacture of this phone? Maybe a ballpark value?

Offline Doug Rose

• Blondie & the Kid of Phone
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2020, 11:56:36 AM »
I remember a Western Telephone that was not part of Western Electric. Maybe someone else will remember....Doug
Kidphone

Offline Jim Stettler

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2020, 10:06:53 AM »
Here is the info on this company from the ATCA website showing some phones similar to yours.

Doug,
Western is listed in the ATCA fact sheets. I don't think I have ever come across a Western in person.
Magicbrain posted the page in post #13
Jim

Regarding the fact sheets:

The original ATCA Fact sheets were created decades ago and came in a nice 3 ring binder.
The new fact sheets are upgraded with color pictures and source. original fact sheets didn't list the source of the info.

I derived some additional  fact sheets by going thru the binder and creating  sheets for the companies that were mentioned , but didn't have their own sheet.

I am glad they updated these with the source of info.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Offline oldnorth

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2020, 08:59:18 AM »
I contacted the Made in Chicago Museum and asked if they might have any more information about the company or the phone. If they respond I'll post their finding. Thanks!

Offline Doug Rose

• Blondie & the Kid of Phone
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2020, 08:51:11 AM »
Here is another by Western Electrical....Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293896107542

Kidphone

Offline oldnorth

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2021, 12:07:52 PM »
I never heard back from the museum. I would be interested in selling the phone but now that I know what it is, there doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on this manufacturer and this phone to compare its value with.

Thanks for all the help everybody, I appreciate it!

Offline Stubbypylon

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2021, 04:26:37 PM »
Very nice phone! Western Telephone Manufacturing Company started from former employees of Western Telephone Construction after it folded.  They weren't around for long.  I just recently came across  the same transmitter.
Craig Stanowski