Author Topic: Analog Telephone Adapters  (Read 784 times)

Offline markosjal

Re: Analog Telephone Adapters
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2021, 12:55:54 AM »
I refuse to chgange! I went with cable VOIP service 3 years back only to discover the cable modem could not be adjusted to drop the line voltage after a call was abandoned and my KSU used to get locked into a false hold cycle. I had to add a reset putton to the phone line in order to get the line to reset, used to hate it as it had to be done manually.... I went back over to a analog phone line as I don't need super fast internet and the cable company didn't have the features that Centurylink Telecom offers. One being the NO SOLICITATION announcement which comes in extremely handy for robo calls and other nonesence phone calls. Sparklink just can't offer these options.... so, since the price was no different, I switched back.... alawys be sure to examine the prices between prividers.... most of the time you package deals are the same.... its thge taxes that are the hard part.... cable doesn't charge so much....

As is often the case when dealing with service provider hardware. Forget that route get your own hardware and a provider . You can select the features you need in the hardware, and the plans from the provider. You can use polarity reversal and the like on most ATAs to ensure proper call disconnection. If however the device comes from the provider you probably do not have access to those settings, they will be locked down
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Offline Babybearjs

Re: Analog Telephone Adapters
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2021, 03:06:11 PM »
on the cable modem, that was the problem. I didn't kjnow at the time how to set the unit and there were certain settings that were locked.  I was really disappointed because I wanted to buy the modem, but Cableone want way too much for it and after I lost my roommate, I went ahead and changed back to centurylink. at least I know their system works with mine, so its compatable. I bought my DSL modem so thats mine now, and I understand how to change the features on it.... Plus, the phone companies system is self resetting.... so when a call gets abandoned, the system just times out....
John