Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1243 times)

Offline HarrySmith

• 1956 Rose Beige 500
« on: May 11, 2010, 06:47:34 PM »
Hello Fellow Phone Guys,
I just joined this forum about a week ago and got several welcome messages after I made my fist post today so I thought I would introduce myself. I see a lot of familiar names here as I have been a member at ATCA & TCI for a little more than a year now. I got bitten by the phone bug only about a year and a half ago. My wife and I buy collectibles and interesting stuff at auctions, estate sales and garage sales and then sell them on eBay. I bought an old crank phone at an auction because I thought it was neat looking. In trying to idenify it I found the TCI club and joined to get some info. I found out it was an Erriccson Magneto phone from around the turn of the century. I cleaned and polished it and sold it for twice what I paid for it. Next thing you know I get 2 more phones at auction and then I bought a lot from an ex-collector of about 28 phones for next to nothing off Craigslist. Then a 555 switchboard off Craigslist and off to the races! I am collecting 500's in all colors both hard & soft and eventually want to hook them up to the board. I was born in Stamford Connecticut and now live in Coral Springs Florida. I am glad I found this forum, looks really interesting & fun!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Online Doug Rose

• Blondie & the Kid of Phone
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:38:12 PM »
Harry....Welcome! You will find this a friendly and knowledgeable place. Its a lot of fun. Everyone here has a great passion for telephones....Doug

Offline JorgeAmely

• SC from 1973
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 08:15:41 PM »

Welcome to the forum. I like your Rose Beige avatar.

Offline Kenny C

• Bell Sytem
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 09:30:42 PM »
welcome to the family
In memory of
  Marie B.

Offline Jim S.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 11:05:10 PM »
Hi Harry,
Glad you found us I hope life has beeen nice.
 I think the forum is much funner than the listservers. I have been with the ATCA list for  a very long time. and I was Beta w/ TCI.

The forum is very fun, The listservers used to be fun, They got stuffy before you joined. This forum is still fun.
That is why I have been hanging  here.

PS this forum is more likely to answer the questions that you will ask....
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Offline Dan

• 1957 WE 500-P
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 07:56:38 PM »
Welcome Harry, you are in the right place for phone fun!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Offline bwanna

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 09:27:21 PM »
hello harry & welcome!

glad you find our little corner of the world interesting.

i do the whole auction/garage/estate sale circuit too. isn't it great when you can turn fun into profit. :D

Offline Brinybay

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 05:12:56 AM »
Welcome!  I've been collecting phones about the same amount of time as you.  In fact, I just looked it up, Jan 09.  I should start keeping track of what I paid for each phone.  I'm afraid to sell any now because I don't know what I paid for them.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Rowe

Offline mienaichizu

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 10:48:36 AM »
welcome harry!

Offline John S

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »