Author Topic: What Make is this Dial Blank ?  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Dan/Panther

• Global Moderator
  • Kaw-Liga, I will NEVER forget you. 8/4/98--9/20/10
What Make is this Dial Blank ?
« on: May 17, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
My guess is it's Kellogg, as it has a "K" at the top.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Offline LarryInMichigan

Re: What Make is this Dial Blank ?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 03:40:58 PM »
It looks like a WE to me.  Look at http://www.paul-f.com/500blanks.html.

Larry

Offline Phonesrfun

• "Number Please"
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 03:42:09 PM »
Looks like it is made by the "Front" company   ;D  Says so on the back.

-Bill G

Offline paul-f

• Old Telephones as Entertainment!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 03:50:51 PM »
It looks like a WE to me.  Look at http://www.paul-f.com/500blanks.html.

Larry

It does look like a 95B.  These could have been made by anyone who licensed the 500 design and made clones.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE 500  Design_Line

Offline LarryInMichigan

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »
The rectangular holes for the card retainer ring are definitely WE-style.

Larry

Offline McHeath

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 06:26:04 PM »
Looks like it is made by the "Front" company     Says so on the back.

I agree.  Front™ made a lot of stuff back in the day, they actually were the major competitors of "Back™", "Left™" and "This side up™" between about 1925 and 1980.  After that they all got sold to chinese firms, and merged, mixed and rebranded.  Today what's left of Front™ is called "Do not insert™" and is based in Kyonghow, China.  The old Front™ factory in Little Chute, Wisconsin is still standing and divided into little stores and shops, mostly.  (the big tenant is the SuperWal-Mart at the south west end and the McDonalds where the office used to be)  If you look closely at the walls in Marie's Hair-N-More-Store you can still see the mount points for the conveyor racks which carried products to shipping. 

Offline Dan/Panther

• Global Moderator
  • Kaw-Liga, I will NEVER forget you. 8/4/98--9/20/10
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 06:32:28 PM »
"Over, under, sideways down, backwards, forwards, square, and round".
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Offline Phonesrfun

• "Number Please"
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 06:46:13 PM »

I agree.  Front™ made a lot of stuff back in the day, they actually were the major competitors of "Back™", "Left™" and "This side up™" between about 1925 and 1980.  After that they all got sold to chinese firms, and merged, mixed and rebranded.  Today what's left of Front™ is called "Do not insert™" and is based in Kyonghow, China.  The old Front™ factory in Little Chute, Wisconsin is still standing and divided into little stores and shops, mostly.  (the big tenant is the SuperWal-Mart at the south west end and the McDonalds where the office used to be)  If you look closely at the walls in Marie's Hair-N-More-Store you can still see the mount points for the conveyor racks which carried products to shipping. 

Oh, so that explains it!
-Bill G

Offline AtomicEraTom

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 02:40:02 AM »

The old Front™ factory in Little Chute, Wisconsin is still standing and divided into little stores and shops, mostly. 

A lot of us Wisconsin Residents were glad to see the old factory didn't go the way of many around here, demolished to make room for 'green space' what a eco-nut joke that is!
I am a lineman for the county and I drive the main roads. Searchin' in the sun for another overload.  I hear you singin' in the wires, I can hear you through the whine, and the Witchita Lineman is still on the line.

Offline Brinybay

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 03:09:47 AM »

What about "Do Not EatTM", are they still around?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
 - Mike Row
e