"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

These look like some kind of AE "Specialty" faceplates?

Started by markosjal, February 10, 2023, 08:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic


I came across these on ebay.

The seem unusual. The number card slot is divided and  extra long

Curious what they are for
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish


It's entirely separate from the number card slot.

I strongly suspect that the smaller rectangle is for a timed disconnect switch (recall) for use with a CENTREX system.

If not, then perhaps for a message waiting light or redial switch.


I think they are face down and the bar supports the number card and the plastic cover.
Most likely from a touch calling tyoe 80 set and not a 80E set


The could be for 80TC sets, I believe the number card and that bar interplay with something else on the housing to retain the plate, but the card slot does seem longer than I remember from past pictures of 80TC phones. Either way pretty uncommon, you mostly only see the later 80E with the paper facemat